Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay Dropped

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
So what is your point? You claim you don’t want Potter sacked, but you seem to be sniping the guy all day here.

So he’s not good tactically? What is it?

I don't want him sacked, I think a club needs stability and he's the chosen manager. But I think he's doing things which make his job much tougher, and seemingly for no other reason than to do so. I think it's pretty clear he isn't good tactically, which is why we don't win matches. I want him to wake himself up, perform better in his job, get more out of the players and win more matches. Not overly difficult, in theory!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don't want him sacked, I think a club needs stability and he's the chosen manager. But I think he's doing things which make his job much tougher, and seemingly for no other reason than to do so. I think it's pretty clear he isn't good tactically, which is why we don't win matches. I want him to wake himself up, perform better in his job, get more out of the players and win more matches. Not overly difficult, in theory!
Mourhino thinks GP is excellent tactically I’m inclined to go with Jose’s views tbh. We do enough every game to win Potter can’t put the ball in the net.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Mourhino thinks GP is excellent tactically I’m inclined to go with Jose’s views tbh. We do enough every game to win Potter can’t put the ball in the net.

Putting the ball in the net isn't the issue, its stopping them the other end which is the bigger problem

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Putting the ball in the net isn't the issue, its stopping them the other end which is the bigger problem

How is it not we’ve gone back to one goal a game :shrug: nothing has really dropped for us in the box it will come I’m sure.

3 goals in the last 3 games and not one from a striker, including one own goal, I would say it’s a slight issue.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Maupay frustrates me. A sublime finish against Arsenal and a lot of meh as well.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

“It’s pretty clear he isn’t good tactically which is why we don’t win matches”

Yes, other than West Brom we should be beating teams like Spurs, Everton, Man U and Chelsea obviously.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
We are tenth I think on goals scored. So no, it is not as huge an issue as the moaners on here would like it to be. Whereas we are something like 16th in goals conceeded.

As I said, it’s a slight issue looking at the last 3 games, but at least we didn’t lose 2 of those matches.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Our squad isn't large enough to pander to players with attitude and who the f' do they think they are.
They are paid to do a job, like the rest of us just better paid.
He is paid to score goals and quite frankly at the moment he isn't fulfilling this requirement.
I am with GP on this and a firm stance is needed.
Attitude is reserved for actors, rock stars and the self employed who generate their own income and don't rely on an employer.
He should shut the f' up and do what is in the job description.
He may not agree with all of it, but has signed a contract to play as directed.
I have no doubt that he will be gone in next transfer window if he doesn't conform.
F'n premadonnas, who needs them.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
We haven’t exactly played many league games though.
4 games with 1 goal scored. L 2 D2
1 game with 3 scored W
2 games with 2 scored L2

That suggests that if we score two goals we’re going down. ‘Don’t score more than one unless you can be sure of scoring a third’ is presumably the message that Potter is giving.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
That suggests that if we score two goals we’re going down. ‘Don’t score more than one unless you can be sure of scoring a third’ is presumably the message that Potter is giving.

We might win more if the defensive side tightens up. Scoring two at the right end is useless when we concede 3 or more ourselves. Defence has gone backwards for me. Intensive training required

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
We were scoring more freely at the beginning of the season with the back 3 and Alzate in midfield but also conceding alot. He tightened things up by putting White in midfield and moving to a back 4 but now it seems we've lost that creative spark.

It's a balancing act which is difficult to get right. However I fully believe he will get it the balance right, I can see us at some point this season winning 4 or 5 on the trot. We are so close to getting it right at both ends.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We were scoring more freely at the beginning of the season with the back 3 and Alzate in midfield but also conceding alot. He tightened things up by putting White in midfield and moving to a back 4 but now it seems we've lost that creative spark.

It's a balancing act which is difficult to get right. However I fully believe he will get it the balance right, I can see us at some point this season winning 4 or 5 on the trot. We are so close to getting it right at both ends.

My concern is when playing 3 centre backs why we need to substitute Alzate with White especially when Bissouma is so good at breaking up play.

If this system is going to work then the 3 central defenders and supporting wing backs have to take the defensive load off the midfield and creative players.

Agree it’s about balance but imo the goals conceded is more about individual lapses in concentration and errors more than a problem with the system we were playing.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Potter in the lunchtime press conference has effectively confirmed Naylor's Athletic story - that Maupay was dropped for an "altercation" in the dressing room after West Brom. But now wants to move on. Maupay "available for selection" v Burnley.

“Mistakes are made, feelings run high. Sometimes a line is crossed & you react. There are no problems with that.
“We've dealt with it, Neal’s trained with the group, he accepts it's not his finest hour.”
https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1323983803220713472

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
How there aren’t more handbags at dawn when players are constantly feeling hard done by on the pitch by colleagues who shoot rather than pass when they themselves are in a better scoring position etc. Potter’s man management we trust, Neal’s passion/fire in belly is no bad thing within reason. We move on.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Potter in the lunchtime press conference has effectively confirmed Naylor's Athletic story - that Maupay was dropped for an "altercation" in the dressing room after West Brom. But now wants to move on. Maupay "available for selection" v Burnley.

“Mistakes are made, feelings run high. Sometimes a line is crossed & you react. There are no problems with that.
“We've dealt with it, Neal’s trained with the group, he accepts it's not his finest hour.”
https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1323983803220713472

End of thread I guess :shrug:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
How there aren’t more handbags at dawn when players are constantly feeling hard done by on the pitch by colleagues who shoot rather than pass when they themselves are in a better scoring position etc. Potter’s man management we trust, Neal’s passion/fire in belly is no bad thing within reason. We move on.

Indeed we do.

No need for people on NSC to be dredging this stuff up for months or years

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here