Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan - analysis & discussion

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Harsh IMHO
MR has been consistent and far from suspect since he arrived Although he does seem to have regressed since that tournament he partook off in Asia ?Don’t recall many Stockdale esque blunders
Just very few point/ match winning saves Except perhaps that long range effort heading for the top corner tail end of last season ?
That you need a keeper to weigh in with over the course of a season If you want to be successful

I can name quite a few. Not as glaring as Stocko’s, but he had a difficult start and got better without ever being outstanding. As I mentioned in my opinion not a big improvement on Stocko.

I do remember a double save vs Palace in the first year, and there was the Soton save last year.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I can name quite a few. Not as glaring as Stocko’s, but he had a difficult start and got better without ever being outstanding. As I mentioned in my opinion not a big improvement on Stocko.

I do remember a double save vs Palace in the first year, and there was the Soton save last year.....

I can’t......very, very few glaring blunders in 3 seasons however very few notable saves recently either. His distribution is currently light years ahead of ‘hoof it long’ Sanchez, but apart from that I think Sanchez looks much more imposing and confident and worth the change.

Of course, first ricket and he’ll be crucified on here and the ‘Would Maty have saved that’ thread will be started by some wånker.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I can’t......very, very few glaring blunders in 3 seasons however very few notable saves recently either. His distribution is currently light years ahead of ‘hoof it long’ Sanchez, but apart from that I think Sanchez looks much more imposing and confident and worth the change.

Of course, first ricket and he’ll be crucified on here and the ‘Would Maty have saved that’ thread will be started by some wånker.

The number of times he has got a weak hand to the ball as it’s gone past him is glaring in itself.

His distribution is much better than Sanchez, but not as good as Stocko.

Sorry dazzer not denying he hasn’t had good games, just didn’t rate him particularly.....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The number of times he has got a weak hand to the ball as it’s gone past him is glaring in itself.

His distribution is much better than Sanchez, but not as good as Stocko.

Sorry dazzer not denying he hasn’t had good games, just didn’t rate him particularly.....

I simply can’t recall howlers - that’s a bit different from a ‘weak hand’.

Agree re Stocko. His long kicking was immense.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The way we have treated Ryan is nothing short of a disgrace.

This is not where our problems lie. If our bloody forwards had taken the missed chances they’ve had he would still be between the sticks.

Classless from us not even naming him on the bench.

If we sign a keeper in the January window I will be livid. This is NOT where our problems lie.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

This is not where our problems lie. If our bloody forwards had taken the missed chances they’ve had he would still be between the sticks.

If we sign a keeper in the January window I will be livid. This is NOT where our problems lie.

I’m not sure how we have treated Ryan. Maybe we have come to an agreement with him about whatever.

Letting in too many goals is our problem, a matter that hasn’t been resolved by the arrival of Sanchez.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Classless ?

Because Potter thinks Steele does a good job on matchdays as the reserve keeper.

Brutal ..... maybe ? But classless not a chance.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean

How have we treated Maty? I haven't seen a link to anything concrete. It could be a family matter for all I know, or having words out of turn. I'm sure it'll all come out with the release of ryangate

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Does he want to play ?
How’s his mental state during Covid, particularly after a trip home ?
Has he been pisspoor in training ?

You have literally no idea why we’ve ended up where we are so to call it a ‘disgrace’, until you do know, is ridiculous.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Does he want to play ?
How’s his mental state during Covid, particularly after a trip home ?
Has he been pisspoor in training ?

You have literally no idea why we’ve ended up where we are so to call it a ‘disgrace’, until you do know, is ridiculous.

Well, precisely.
Top servant, but hasn't been at his best this season. We have absolutely no idea what's going on behind the scenes and, as a consequence, we should avoid jumping to conclusions.
Steele hardly exudes confidence though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here