Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan - analysis & discussion

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Totally agree but I feel one context changing which reverberates through all the following points:-

'MR wasn't coming for it because they did'.

Horses for courses - now the course has changed.

Will be interesting to see Who gets the job of covering the post at corners etc
Current vogue of leaving it unmanned will have to change
If the keeper is now going to try and claim the corners ?

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I find the whole thing quite intriguing especially Potter's comments re Maty wanting to be more involved. He's only missed two games, and set to miss a third so not quite sure what he's getting at ??? Makes me wonder if the club are trying to force him out the door or whether Ryan is trying to push for a move.

I think it’s more a case of the management pinning their colours on RS
MR will want / needs first team football with the World Cup looming
GP s comments about RS attributes being hard to find
Are interesting
Perhaps they re just being fair to MR giving him time to find a club
Knowing unlike JS he wouldn’t be happy as the number 2

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Maty Ryan - analysis & discussion

Think their may be more to this,
May be re the problems earlier on in the season with Maupay. Hope I’m wrong though, it’s better to have harmony in the club.

Not really.. Matty hasn’t performed consistently for a very long time.

Despite taking pesters for a long time a few of us have highlighted the stats showing he has an extremely high percentage of goals conceded per shot. I can’t remember him winning us a point or 3.

This is elite football. The club no doubt analyse key stats, and it’s quite evident it’s time to change.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Ryan has done a good job here makes great saves. However do think defenders like to see a big keeper behind them who will dominate the box. Lets hope Sanchez is the man

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I think it’s more a case of the management pinning their colours on RS
MR will want / needs first team football with the World Cup looming
GP s comments about RS attributes being hard to find
Are interesting
Perhaps they re just being fair to MR giving him time to find a club
Knowing unlike JS he wouldn’t be happy as the number 2

How do DL and KPP fit into this and what do you think about OH's chance?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9639403 said:
How do DL and KPP fit into this and what do you think about OH's chance?

could the answer be DE, or even IDNK?

seems we are playing Countdown:)

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
He's been a good keeper for Albion, many good attributes. But he's been found wanting over the last year or so: simple errors, lack of presence and height. Wishing him all the best.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Not really.. Matty hasn’t performed consistently for a very long time.

Despite taking pesters for a long time a few of us have highlighted the stats showing he has an extremely high percentage of goals conceded per shot. I can’t remember him winning us a point or 3.

This is elite football. The club no doubt analyse key stats, and it’s quite evident it’s time to change.

The fingertip save onto the crossbar at Southampton last season? But I agree that it is becoming quite rare ...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The fingertip save onto the crossbar at Southampton last season? But I agree that it is becoming quite rare ...

WBA.

Had Sanchez made the save off to his right, he'd have saved a point.
But as it was Ryan, it was only 'regulation'.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
WBA.

Had Sanchez made the save off to his right, he'd have saved a point.
But as it was Ryan, it was only 'regulation'.

This is reminding me of the CMS fans who held on and on and on and on because he’d come good and we just weren’t playing to his strengths. Blaming the defenders now is the equivalent. Ryan has had a poor season so far, end of. Just imo though which is different to yours. We’ll NEVER know who is right though. :shrug:

Lucky he has some competition now though eh?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is reminding me of the CMS fans who held on and on and on and on because he’d come good and we just weren’t playing to his strengths. Blaming the defenders now is the equivalent. Ryan has had a poor season so far, end of. Just imo though which is different to yours. We’ll NEVER know who is right though. :shrug:

Lucky he has some competition now though eh?

Yeah those tw@ts supporting a first team player who did nothing but be a model pro for they club they support - what ****s.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah those tw@ts supporting a first team player who did nothing but be a model pro for they club they support - what ****s.

Luckily you don’t run the club with your black and white opinions. You know what’s gone on behind the scenes do you? Maybe Potter has made changes because of the ***** who have been moaning about Ryan’s keeping. Who knows.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Somethings just not right about this, GP is nothing if not pragmatic but when asked if Mat will ever play for the club again GP answer I can't see into the future!

Last match not even on the bench!

He's played nearly all our matches for four years then stops, not even in the squad!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Somethings just not right about this, GP is nothing if not pragmatic but when asked if Mat will ever play for the club again GP answer I can't see into the future!

Last match not even on the bench!

He's played nearly all our matches for four years then stops, not even in the squad!

The bench thing is irrelevant.......Steele is the back up keeper to whoever is the no 1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here