Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matvienko

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
On the Bench for Shaktar against Ludogorets today. This one is definitely not happening this window.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am unsure Gilmour would be like for like as a Caicedo replacement though. He is a great player imo but more like Lallana.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I am unsure Gilmour would be like for like as a Caicedo replacement though. He is a great player imo but more like Lallana.
Yes definitely not like for like, energy and tackling wise. But he's excellent with the ball under pressure. And Moises is our main guy that sanchez and the CB's go to for those little wall passes on the edge of the 18 yard box that induce the press. They are incredibly effective but sphincter-puckering. I think he can play that link role really well.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Yes definitely not like for like, energy and tackling wise. But he's excellent with the ball under pressure. And Moises is our main guy that sanchez and the CB's go to for those little wall passes on the edge of the 18 yard box that induce the press. They are incredibly effective but sphincter-puckering. I think he can play that link role really well.
Very comfortable in tight spaces and always looking forward. Actually comes looking for the ball, loverly stuff

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Like others I’m concerned we haven’t backed the manager in this window when he’s said he wanted a couple of additions. Not to be negative but there aren’t many managers who take a new job and aren’t permitted/club is unable to bring in any new signings.

People will say well we, hopefully, kept Caicedo but we still sold Trossard and Mwepu has retired so the manager if working with a materially weaker squad than when he joined.

All the in Tony Bloom we trust comments are fine but on this occasion the cold hard reality is we now have a weaker squad then we started the season with; just as we are on the verge of something unprecedented. Seems an unnecessary risk to me.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Like others I’m concerned we haven’t backed the manager in this window when he’s said he wanted a couple of additions. Not to be negative but there aren’t many managers who take a new job and aren’t permitted/club is unable to bring in any new signings.

People will say well we, hopefully, kept Caicedo but we still sold Trossard and Mwepu has retired so the manager if working with a materially weaker squad than when he joined.

All the in Tony Bloom we trust comments are fine but on this occasion the cold hard reality is we now have a weaker squad then we started the season with; just as we are on the verge of something unprecedented. Seems an unnecessary risk to me.
Change the record
Lol

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Haven’t backed the manager!!!! We’ve f***ing turned down £80m quid for Caicedo and bought two of the hottest properties in Argentinian and Swedish football. We also have the most talked about recruitment model in world football. RDZ knows what’s going on.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

False, we have a stronger squad than when we started the season.

We don’t do business in January, the prices are extortionate.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Relax. There is absolutely NO evidence to say he’s not backed, quite the opposite I’d imagine. You’d think TB was a complete naive idiot based on your post.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Need to offer RDZ a long contract before others come sniffing or he gets hacked off.
Why would he be hacked off? He said after the Liverpool league game he finds it hard to pick the eleven with the talent at the club. Sunday like us all he was worried about Caceido being sold that isn’t happening now so back to a happy RDZ.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
False, we have a stronger squad than when we started the season.

We don’t do business in January, the prices are extortionate.
Sorry can’t agree with this. We have lost Mwepu, our record signing with CL experience, and our top scorer. You might not agree with my overall view but don’t claim we have a stronger squad now we very clearly haven’t.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Relax. There is absolutely NO evidence to say he’s not backed, quite the opposite I’d imagine. You’d think TB was a complete naive idiot based on your post.
Of course I dont think that. All I know is RDZ said very clearly on Sunday he was sure we needed a couple of players and as things stand we haven’t provided them to him. That is the evidence I refer to.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Sorry can’t agree with this. We have lost Mwepu, our record signing with CL experience, and our top scorer. You might not agree with my overall view but don’t claim we have a stronger squad now we very clearly haven’t.
Mitoma, Ferguson, Sarmiento all discovered properly since the start of the season.

Mitoma is better than Trossard

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Are Facundo Buonanotte and Yasin Ayari first team ready? I'm not asking to dismiss your concern, just wondering if they can be considered in the mix to play for the rest of the season.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Mitoma, Ferguson, Sarmiento all discovered properly since the start of the season.
They were all available to Graham Potter at the start of the season and Sarmiento played under Potter in the first team last season. The fact he didn’t play them doesn’t mean they have been discovered since.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Are Facundo Buonanotte and Yasin Ayari first team ready? I'm not asking to dismiss your concern, just wondering if they can be considered in the mix to play for the rest of the season.

Truth is a don’t know. I would hope they are but given their age and lack of experience in the PL it seems unlikely.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Of course I dont think that. All I know is RDZ said very clearly on Sunday he was sure we needed a couple of players and as things stand we haven’t provided them to him. That is the evidence I refer to.
You still going on about this? In 2 other interviews on Sunday RDZ said that if Caicedo stays he is happy. So that was 2 interviews where he wanted players, 2 interviews when he didn't if Caicedo stays, which was also his stance in the pre-match press conference. He has stated that he has NOTHING to do with transfers, he has pointed out where he thinks we could strengthen but that is up to "the chairman".

I have interpreted his comments (in his second/third language) as meaning if Caicedo stays he is happy, if he gets more players then that is a bonus. Caicedo is staying so therefore he should be happy.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Why would he be hacked off? He said after the Liverpool league game he finds it hard to pick the eleven with the talent at the club. Sunday like us all he was worried about Caceido being sold that isn’t happening now so back to a happy RDZ.
He said we need players and the club knows the positions that need strengthening. He clearly wanted Matvinenko and from his words believes we need strengthening beyond just him.

We're not getting Matvinenko now and who knows if anyone else, I'd guess he wants more and better than we have and if we get nobody else in, with Trossard gone, whose to say our window is deemed good by him?

Point was about offering RDZ extended contract for a few reasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here