Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matvienko

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
LB cover and CB , seems sensible.

No idea what he plays like but I do think we could be quicker at the back with the ball , zip it around a bit more and push with pace when gaps appear. We are good but deffo an area we can improve. If he is a RDZ player then assume he fits this type
I don’t think he’d be brought in for that. The slow play at the back is a deliberate RDZ ploy.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Was just having a look at some reports from Ukraine to see if there was any inside info; nothing beyond the original sauces, but I did like this description of us:

'Moreover, David is sure that right now Matvienko is in London where he is participating in negotiations about his transition in the camp of a strong middle peasant in the elite division of the English championship.'

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Where is it documented (the original sauce?) that de Zerbi is so keen on singing Matvienko as some posters are mentioning? All that I have seen are some articles or tweets where the simple 1+1=2 logics is applied (de Zerbi + Shakhtar + wants his own signings = must be possibly a ball-playing left-sided versatile defender from Ukraine).

Let me be clear, I have never seen him play (sure, we all possibly have - for Ukraine or some random UCL match but unless you are Swanny you are not able to analyze 22 players simultaneously)... he may be a good signing but I have also seen players with similar European competition experience that wouldn't be good enough for a top half Premier League side.
What are you waffling on about?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Was just having a look at some reports from Ukraine to see if there was any inside info; nothing beyond the original sauces, but I did like this description of us:

'Moreover, David is sure that right now Matvienko is in London where he is participating in negotiations about his transition in the camp of a strong middle peasant in the elite division of the English championship.'
Norwich and Ipswich aren’t in the PL though

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I don’t think he’d be brought in for that. The slow play at the back is a deliberate RDZ ploy.

He'd definitely be brought in to primarily play left centre-back alongside Dunk, but I had quick look at Transfermarkt and RDZ used him as a left back in 8 games when he was at Shakhtar, so he probably would provide cover to Perv if we don't sign another left back this window.

*edit misread original post apols*

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
And Cucurella, Estupinan , and Mwepu . (c £15m admittedly) - it’s the age here that’s slightly different. 26 as opposed to 22/23 for an experienced top flight player.
The other thing to bear in mind is that our pool of CBs is ageing. Dunk 31, Web c28, Veltman c32, whereas van Hecke is much younger. It's good to have someone aged in between.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don’t think he’d be brought in for that. The slow play at the back is a deliberate RDZ ploy
I think it would be beneficial if the club put up the article about RDZ’s Centre back style on the big screen instead of the words to GOSBTS. I’m amazed that so many people have missed the memo.
The guy behind me constantly shouts get rid of it and I mean constantly when we pass out from the back despite it creating 90% of our goals. Of course he pays his money and can do what he wants within reason although come on you’ve been watching this play for almost four seasons now.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I think it would be beneficial if the club put up the article about RDZ’s Centre back style on the big screen instead of the words to GOSBTS. I’m amazed that so many people have missed the memo.
Now is the time for waiting,
Now let the ball be still,
Hark at their forward players
Charge up towards they will,
So put your studs on it my boys,
And take the time from me,
And I’ll give you a role in us scoring a goal,
Oh it starts defensively!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Haven’t you answered your own question? if most can’t remember a few words to our anthem what chance do they have of understanding the coaches football tactics.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The guy behind me constantly shouts get rid of it and I mean constantly when we pass out from the back despite it creating 90% of our goals. Of course he pays his money and can do what he wants within reason although come on you’ve been watching this play for almost four seasons now.
Sounds familiar, you’re not in the middle of the North Stand are you?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Now is the time for waiting,
Now let the ball be still,
Hark at their forward players
Charge up towards they will,
So put your studs on it my boys,
And take the time from me,
And I’ll give you a role in us scoring a goal,
Oh it starts defensively!