Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mattock to sign and another player in talks

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The comically down-to-earth Trotter would seem to be the perfect foil to the out-of-this-world Vicente.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Finally a Trotter may come to Brighton without selling a load of tap water to fund it. :lolol:

I would be very happy with Liam Trotter, he seemed to be technically decent as well as being a rangy beast. He could fit in very nicely indeed.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
The people 'in the know' at Millwall are all but completely disregarding that there's any chance of Trotter being sold to us.

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land
If Trotter plays like he did against us this season, would be immense!

Yeah I agree he bossed the midfield that night and I believe he had been out with injury for some time prior, what if he was fit!!!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Apparently he was coming to us, I sincerely hope he doesn't as he wouldn't improve on Schneiderlin or Cork. Would be a decent signing for you mind. You don't really have a midfielder that provides drive at the moment. Could be the difference between you making the play offs or not this season. That a decent forward and a keeper.

What's happening to Hammond now you lot have gone up? And Harding - surely neither player is Premiership standard.

I don't remember what Trotter was like against us, as I missed the home game. Did he play against us at their place? I seem to remember we were on top most of the second half, just couldn't put a second away and then came Casper's ricket.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Trotter would tick the box for the strong midfielder. Mattock I would like to think is a deffo(hopefully)..That would just leave a keeper and maybe two strikers, providing Vicente stays. If not then another creative midfielder. The right back situation seems to get spoken about a lot, but I think we are a better side with Calderon in it, then we are with him out of the side. That's not to say that every position on the pitch can be improved, if the right players becomes available.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
noticed on twitter that Mattock was seen around town today (reportedly - via Mendoza) so may lend some credence to our being in talks

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
The people 'in the know' at Millwall are all but completely disregarding that there's any chance of Trotter being sold to us.

Apparently it was going to happen, then Barnsley came in with some crazy offer that blew us out the water (no details, but rumoured to be AT LEAST £4.50, with some sources saying they are going to throw in a pickled egg as well).

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Yea he was spotted today in Brighton

Who? Mendoza or Mattock? :lolol:

I know the former was at Nandos this evening after seeing his tweets.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

All but completely disregarding it ay. Well that clears that up.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
All but completely disregarding it ay. Well that clears that up.

Well, would be extremely surprised unless we came in with a huge offer, a good few million.

Oh well, lots to ponder and wait for more rumours about the rumours. Love summer

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Apparently it was going to happen, then Barnsley came in with some crazy offer that blew us out the water (no details, but rumoured to be AT LEAST £4.50, with some sources saying they are going to throw in a pickled egg as well).

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here