Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mattock to sign and another player in talks

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Mattock would be great and would be ideal.

If we do signTrotter, wonder if we could do a swap deal with Harley, though I recall someone mentioning Vincelot the other day.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
They will hardly set the world on fire betweem them,we need goalscorers
We also need a leftback, and a strong midfielder.

It turns out you can sign more than one type of player now, so it's all fine.

D

Deleted member 18477

This could be useful for you, easy to keep with you as well...

VA0085_SPECUK.jpg

Oh. you're so funny. I hope we sign Michael Owen anyway.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Until a deal is signed officially it's only a rumour, Gus himself could have made this announcement and I'd still be waiting for the story to break on the club website

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Doesnt sound like 2 players we wouldnt go for so it isnt total utter crap - although we are being heavily linked with Mattock from all corners. No idea what Millwall will want for Trotter though, but he would certainly be a good signing.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Trotter?,surely we are looking for players with either some Premiership or European experience, We already have too many from lower leagues who have not been able to step up to the Championship.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I've had a word with his brother Del Boy and he confirms we are in talks. Sticking point though is he doesn't want to be separated from his other brother Rodney who is a bit of a plonker.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Trotter?,surely we are looking for players with either some Premiership or European experience, We already have too many from lower leagues who have not been able to step up to the Championship.

But he has proved he can play in the Championship.

I agree with the idea we need players with experience at a higher level but doesn't mean some quality signings from this level or below can't cut it.

Look at Norwich, doing very well in the Prem this season with players like Benno and Pilkington who were playing in league one the season before. I think also with us it is very much the team being better than the sum of its parts and if players like Trotter can help the team function better and help Vicente and CMS play at the top of their game it doesn't matter what level he has been playing at.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What exactly are you expecting to see as being a 'proper source' to this story then, bearing in mind this is a football messageboard (loosely speaking). If Sitch says his hairdresser told him then you won't believe him. If Sitch says Charlie Oatway told him, then you won't believe him.

Its not Sitch's word against anyone elses at all - you either believe he is pointlessly trolling for attention, or you take the info at face value, shrug and think "oh that'll be good if it happens then" and leave it at that, rather than going down the forensic route to find out exactly who told him.

If you're looking for 'proper sources' then this is never going to be the place for you.

That's it, I'm off.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Trotter looked class last season so would be a good signing, (as long as uncle Albert rip doesn't sink his boat nearby) Mattock can only get better as well

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Id bloody love Mattock and Trotter

Mattock got bettter every week and is ridiculously young.

Trotter is a giant and a good footballer, Ideal and as someone else said, Millwall say he is in consistent at times.... sounds just like Buckley, and now has several years experience in the Championship for someone who is 23

If these deals happen as a Brighton fan you could not be dissapointed in anyway.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
With all these people saying Millwall fans don't rate Trotter ect I recall the same from the Watford fans about Will Buckley.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Cheers for the info [MENTION=20109]Sitch[/MENTION]... You must be wondering why you bothered to tell us this now?

FWIW I do trust your info and appreciate that it can go belly up at the final whistle!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here