Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Matt Le Tissier

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

There was time when Matt Le Tissier was one of my favourite footballers, and there was also a time when Richard Vobes - aka The Bald Explorer - was one of my favourite YouTubers. He made many informative and interesting videos of his travels in and around Sussex.

Sadly, they both seems to have been brainwashed into believing the anti-vaccer / anti-Woke / climate change-denying / Brexiteer / Reform Party bollocks, as this video demonstrates.

Amongst many of his crack-pot ideas, Le Tissier claims schools are trying to “normalize paedophilia.” Feel sorry for his kids.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Amongst many of his crack-pot ideas, Le Tissier claims schools are trying to “normalize paedophilia.” Feel sorry for his kids.
Just think. In years to come, doctors will be able to take a sample and analyse the chemical imbalances in people's brains, prescribe a pill or jab to correct it, and hey presto, no more nutjobs !

The only issue I can see is if the nutjobs refuse the jab as they are convinced it contains teensy-weensy tracking devices. Which it probably will do.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sadly, they both seems to have been brainwashed into believing the anti-vaccer / anti-Woke / climate change-denying / Brexiteer / Reform Party bollocks, as this video demonstrates.

Interestingly, and this is only from my own experience of my family/friends/associates/employees etc

Very Bright people tend to look at themselves for reasons their lives aren't great and this is where I have experienced people struggling with mental health.

Very stupid people look to blame everyone else for the reasons their lives aren't great at every opportunity, regardless of facts, evidence etc.

Having had some very close friends suffer, I'm grateful I'm not that bright :shrug:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Interestingly, and this is only from my own experience of my family/friends/associates/employees etc

Very Bright people tend to look at themselves for reasons their lives aren't great and this is where I have experienced people struggling with mental health.

Very stupid people look to blame everyone else for the reasons their lives aren't great at every opportunity, regardless of facts, evidence etc.

Having had some very close friends suffer, I'm grateful I'm not that bright :shrug:
What an interesting observation. One which I know you will have based on real experience. Poor mental health only tends to affect very bright people. Hmmm. Obviously there will be exceptions, but it's food for thought. Someone very close to me fits those criteria.

Regarding very stupid people, have you come across the Dunning and Krueger effect? It's a cognitive bias in which people of low ability, don't understand how ignorant they are, or even that they are ignorant at all, and tend to over-estimate their abilities? Result - many people on Twitter giving advice to Tony Bloom etc.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What an interesting observation. One which I know you will have based on real experience. Poor mental health only tends to affect very bright people. Hmmm. Obviously there will be exceptions, but it's food for thought. Someone very close to me fits those criteria.

Regarding very stupid people, have you come across the Dunning and Krueger effect? It's a cognitive bias in which people of low ability, don't understand how ignorant they are, or even that they are ignorant at all, and tend to over-estimate their abilities? Result - many people on Twitter giving advice to Tony Bloom etc.
As I said, personal experience, but I have had to deal with probably a dozen people who have suffered VERY badly with mental health, and been very close to three. They have been, without exception, some of the brightest people I have known.

Just an observation :shrug:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Rickie Lambert was putting some quite out there theories about recently. Talking to bottled water to cleanse it with positivity or something like that. And throwing conspiracies around.

Is there something in the waters of the Solent that affects ex-Southampton footballers? Should we expect Francis Benali to claim the moon landings were faked?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
As I said, personal experience, but I have had to deal with probably a dozen people who have suffered VERY badly with mental health, and been very close to three. They have been, without exception, some of the brightest people I have known.

Just an observation :shrug:
Indeed.

But a dozen is a sample size big enough to be significant. And you wouldn't have written what you did without the backup of actual real world evidence.

I'm left wondering if those people have looked at themselves for why their lives aren't that great, and presumably they have found the answers, why haven't they taken the necessary corrective actions?

I'm not necessarily expecting an answer from you btw. Nor am I judging them. They have the capacity to see that both the problem and the solution is down to themselves, but something is preventing them from taking the remedial action. What or where is the key to unlock it? Again, I'm not asking you for an answer. These are rhetorical questions you understand.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Rickie Lambert was putting some quite out there theories about recently. Talking to bottled water to cleanse it with positivity or something like that. And throwing conspiracies around.

Is there something in the waters of the Solent that affects ex-Southampton footballers? Should we expect Francis Benali to claim the moon landings were faked?
Martin Chivers has given up marmalade ???

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Indeed.

But a dozen is a sample size big enough to be significant. And you wouldn't have written what you did without the backup of actual real world evidence.

I'm left wondering if those people have looked at themselves for why their lives aren't that great, and presumably they have found the answers, why haven't they taken the necessary corrective actions?

I'm not necessarily expecting an answer from you btw. Nor am I judging them. They have the capacity to see that both the problem and the solution is down to themselves, but something is preventing them from taking the remedial action. What or where is the key to unlock it? Again, I'm not asking you for an answer. These are rhetorical questions you understand.
Not wishing to talk on behalf of anybody else, but the voices in our own heads, and criticisms we make of ourselves, aren't exactly rational. The criticisms we make of ourselves only occasionally allow for a clear "solution".

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed.

Sorry to disappoint but depression does not discriminate based on IQ.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020

Brighton isn't exactly great for it either.

Leon Knight, Alan Navarro and CMS all spout conspiracy BS on twitter.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He’s gone full anti-semitism 9/11 conspiracy theory now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here