Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
BIDEN.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He has gone so far off the deep end now with his "independent research". It's stopped being funny and is now just plain sad.
He should be marooned on a small island with Neil Oliver.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Yeah, makes me wonder how Le Tissier ended up as a member of the Trump cult.

I'm guessing he started to notice that the odder comments he made gained more attention than he was used to so he started sharing more and more. Then when looking for more stuff to feed his new fans the social media algorithm finds it at the exclusion of anything rational. The addictive vicious circle of tripe and validation kicked in ... Next stop, cloud cuckoo land.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I'm guessing he started to notice that the odder comments he made gained more attention than he was used to so he started sharing more and more. Then when looking for more stuff to feed his new fans the social media algorithm finds it at the exclusion of anything rational. The addictive vicious circle of tripe and validation kicked in ... Next stop, cloud cuckoo land.
I've known people who've never expressed any interest in politics, history or current affairs, spend a week in bed while ill watching YouTube, and come out of it massive supporters of Russia's foreign policy.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

There was time when Matt Le Tissier was one of my favourite footballers, and there was also a time when Richard Vobes - aka The Bald Explorer - was one of my favourite YouTubers. He made many informative and interesting videos of his travels in and around Sussex.

Sadly, they both seems to have been brainwashed into believing the anti-vaccer / anti-Woke / climate change-denying / Brexiteer / Reform Party bollocks, as this video demonstrates.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I've known people who've never expressed any interest in politics, history or current affairs, spend a week in bed while ill watching YouTube, and come out of it massive supporters of Russia's foreign policy.
This happened to a mate in the early 2000s. He had an operation and was laid up for a month, after that he kept going on about the illuminati and lizard people. He was properly obsessed with conspiracy theories.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
This happened to a mate in the early 2000s. He had an operation and was laid up for a month, after that he kept going on about the illuminati and lizard people. He was properly obsessed with conspiracy theories.
Did he snap out of it eventually?
I'm not sure if the person I know has, I don't see them all that often and everybody I know stopped following them on Facebook because they were effectively spamming their feeds with nonsense.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
He's suffering from severe mental health issues (David Icke syndrome) and is due to be admitted to Broadmoor soon from what I hear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports