Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match Series DVD - What are your thoughts on this?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
For £9.99 I would be wanting 3D Blu Ray

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I don't think the idea is to shift one of these to every fan, so the price reflects the cost of producing a relatively short run. The Club have to make some kind of margin. Don't forget that all the cameras and camermen at the AMEX have to paid for, we're not talking the same as the single camera Video Sport or Kemp Bro's videos of the '90's but something that has to be edited from multiple cameras by a producer, vision mixer etc. They might even be adding a commentary.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't think the idea is to shift one of these to every fan, so the price reflects the cost of producing a relatively short run. The Club have to make some kind of margin. Don't forget that all the cameras and camermen at the AMEX have to paid for, we're not talking the same as the single camera Video Sport or Kemp Bro's videos of the '90's but something that has to be edited from multiple cameras by a producer, vision mixer etc. They might even be adding a commentary.

Only my opinion obviously, but I reckon if they sold them at £5 they would sell at least 3-4 times more of each DVD.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Also: DVD? Really?

1. All our DVD boxes are in the loft with the discs in slimline holders tucked away in a cupboard downstaris. Soon, we'll be ripping all of those discs to local storage and lobbing the discs into the loft too. I don't want more cases and discs cluttering up the house.

2. Resolution. DVD is Standard Def. If this was distributed digitally, then they could look at 720p, or better, which is what people will want on their spanking big HD sets.

And what do you do if you don't have the internet .............

That's a serious question by the way. By no means does everyone on the planet have the kind of broadband speed you might be used to, especially in rural areas. It has to be offered on a medium that is generally considered universal, even for the 'early adopters' like yourself.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I probably won't buy ANY at £10. Maybe Donny and that's it. If they were all £5, I'd probably buy about 5 from this season.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
I like that idea - one a month with the home games of the previous month included.

We could even pay for it as part of our ST package? (£9.99 x 9 months, averaged out at £7.50 a month onto the price of a ST) Having said that some people are baulking at an extra £1.30 per game travel!

I think £9.99 per game is too much, although I'd probably buy a Donny one.
this but i prolly would have brought the burnley and southhampton home games too
oh and newcastle/ sunderland

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Anyone got the Doncaster DVD yet ? Worth buying ?

I have, and although it's great to have a souvenir of such a brilliant day the picture quality (particularly on the highlights of the Spurs friendly) is disappointingly poor.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have, and although it's great to have a souvenir of such a brilliant day the picture quality (particularly on the highlights of the Spurs friendly) is disappointingly poor.

True. A great shame that the picture is so blurred when there is fast action :(

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I may be missing something here (and I haven't clicked on the link), but surely it's not the WHOLE match? All ninety minutes plus added time? Surely extensive highlights and interviews is better? I've got a few Albion games on video, and all I ever do is fast-forward to the goals.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I may be missing something here (and I haven't clicked on the link), but surely it's not the WHOLE match? All ninety minutes plus added time? Surely extensive highlights and interviews is better? I've got a few Albion games on video, and all I ever do is fast-forward to the goals.

It is the whole game, from kickoff to the final whistle.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Would anyone be interested if the club released a Gully's Girls DVD / BluRay?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here