Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match of the Day - Goal of the Season - JULIO ENCISO!

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Eddie just pipping Roberto at moment 24/23%. Come on, boys and girls!
Voted. As well as for team of the season. Weird that these polls don't have a login requirement or a geographical restriction, normally I can't access this kind of content on the BBC from Italy.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Encisos goal was a so much better than anything in that goal of the season list but i did think the list was poor. So many better goals this season. Just the Gross and Undav goals in the wolves game would have beaten most of the goals in that list.

Wrighty knew Encicos was unanimously chosen in the studio so chnaged last min knowing Lineker was choosing Ensico. Was all just playing about.

Well done Ensciso.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Does anyone know where I can find the "long version" of Enciso's goal against City? The one was tweeted out from the NSC Twitter account here:

It seems to have been scrubbed off the entire internet somehow, which is really annoying because the build-up was amazing.

Edit: I just checked the "extended highlights" on the club's YouTube page and even that doesn't include the build-up. It's so weird, like someone's decided we're not allowed to see it for some reason.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Deserved, an incredible goal, the Citeh fans behind were in shock.

Thank fck Haaland or Kane didn’t take the award.

The PL tech people won’t let the video link work from nsc, but type this into the youtube search box:
j653Uavdj1g

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
2FFD4C4C-FA72-451F-BFC1-133F53351D92.gif

Stones reaction. 😂

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Deserved, an incredible goal, the Citeh fans behind were in shock.

Thank fck Haaland or Kane didn’t take the award.

The PL tech people won’t let the video link work from nsc, but type this into the youtube search box:
j653Uavdj1g

Still gives me a big shit eating grin every time I look at it. Incredible goal.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Does anyone know where I can find the "long version" of Enciso's goal against City? The one was tweeted out from the NSC Twitter account here:

It seems to have been scrubbed off the entire internet somehow, which is really annoying because the build-up was amazing.

Edit: I just checked the "extended highlights" on the club's YouTube page and even that doesn't include the build-up. It's so weird, like someone's decided we're not allowed to see it for some reason.

Full match - and the whole build up to the goal here - from 42.00

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Genuinely don't think it was our best goal of 2023. Guess there's a Man City inflation.
You have to take into account that it was against the best team in the world. There are worldies scored in Scotland every weak, but given the opposition it's hardly surprising.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
You have to take into account that it was against the best team in the world. There are worldies scored in Scotland every weak, but given the opposition it's hardly surprising.
Undoubtedly. But, if you asked a hundred park footballers 'you can either try and replicate Enciso's goal against City or Mitoma's against Wolves, you get as many goes as you want' at least 90 would go for the long shot. I don't even think it was that different to his goal against Chelsea. Neither are ever getting saved.

Can't wait to have him back. Thwack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here