Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match of the Day - Goal of the Season - JULIO ENCISO!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Also, you could open this thread honestly wondering, do they mean his goal against Man City or his goal against Chelsea…

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Also, you could open this thread honestly wondering, do they mean his goal against Man City or his goal against Chelsea…
That was my first thought. I assumed nominations had been made before Wednesday night’s game. Really pleased for him.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
They are both top level ex-pros so they understand the highly technical aspect of how Julio struck the ball. It’s utterly world class.

Ignoring the pace and accuracy, Julio makes the ball appear piloted. He does not side foot the ball but neither does he strike through his laces at it. He kind of scythes the ball, in between the side foot and top of the foot.

The result is that the ball does not spin with pace but he still achieves just a tiny bit of fade at the last moment for it to slide into the very top corner.

The other interesting thing is the trajectory in terms of altitude. It does not dip amazingly (see Izquierdo’s wonder strike against West Ham), but rather once it had reached the correct altitude, it just levelled off. I have no idea how he has made a ball fly through the air like that but connoisseurs like Shearer and Lineker will recognise that sort of extraordinary skill straight away.

But I reckon that's just what Shearer /Lineker had in their minds though - they will have seen the whole minute+ long move as well.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
They are both top level ex-pros so they understand the highly technical aspect of how Julio struck the ball. It’s utterly world class.

Ignoring the pace and accuracy, Julio makes the ball appear piloted. He does not side foot the ball but neither does he strike through his laces at it. He kind of scythes the ball, in between the side foot and top of the foot.

The result is that the ball does not spin with pace but he still achieves just a tiny bit of fade at the last moment for it to slide into the very top corner.

The other interesting thing is the trajectory in terms of altitude. It does not dip amazingly (see Izquierdo’s wonder strike against West Ham), but rather once it had reached the correct altitude, it just levelled off. I have no idea how he has made a ball fly through the air like that but connoisseurs like Shearer and Lineker will recognise that sort of extraordinary skill straight away.
So simplified for non technical people he kicks the ball in the net (y)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But I reckon that's just what Shearer /Lineker had in their minds though - they will have seen the whole minute+ long move as well.
Mark E should watch the whole clip, because the build up was precise too.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Brilliant, well done King Julio 👏🏼 V excited to see him play next season after a full RDZ pre-season. Suspect his decision making will have improved and his goals and assists will both be double digits.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Well done to Shearer for choosing Enciso out of the public voted final 3, and to Lineker for having the final deciding vote on it.

Another victory for the Albion. It's been a good season, hasn't it?
Typical anti-Brighton BBC bias strikes aga...

Oh :oops:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here