Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match of the Day - Goal of the Season - JULIO ENCISO!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Undoubtedly. But, if you asked a hundred park footballers 'you can either try and replicate Enciso's goal against City or Mitoma's against Wolves, you get as many goes as you want' at least 90 would go for the long shot. I don't even think it was that different to his goal against Chelsea. Neither are ever getting saved.

Can't wait to have him back. Thwack.

You're probably right. The goal I still most vividly remember scoring was the one from outside the corner of the penalty area that went over everyone and the keeper into the top corner. The others didn't believe I had meant it and were convinced it was a cross / hit and hope - but I know. I saw a gap, saw the keeper on the wrong side, and went for exactly what happened.

Whereas lots of closer goals, that might actually have involved more overall skill, I simply can't recall.

It helps that it was also the winner in the last five minutes!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Shouldn't he be out in Dubai, with his team-mates on their warm weather training?
Ideally yes but presumably like Igor and Ansu Fati he’s not quite close to training yet (unlike Veltman and Lamptey who are in Dubai and seemingly close to a return)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Shame there isn't a Stepover Of The Season award 😀

DD508981-B07D-4AE8-B171-1DEFE82A249F.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here