Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Masks

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Not exactly. I do have a card from B&H buses showing I'm exempt and it's hung on a sunflower lanyard that most major supermarkets recognise as identifying some one who is exempt or might require extra help due to a hidden condition. Doctors won't issue certificates to prove exemption.

I think a badge or something will save embarrassment on all sides, some **** at M & S Hollingbury was most upset at being denied access this morning, he promptly jumped into his Range which he parked over two bays and sped off, what a cock.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I think a badge or something will save embarrassment on all sides, some **** at M & S Hollingbury was most upset at being denied access this morning, he promptly jumped into his Range which he parked over two bays and sped off, what a cock.

He should have taken his underpants off and used them as a face covering, complete with skidmarks. That would have ensured social distancing as well!:lolol:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012

My experience of genteel Eastbourne today, every customer i saw whilst doing the shopping had masks on and were maintaining social distancing though not quite the 2 metres but keeping apart as much as was necessary. Top work here, Impressive adherence to the measures set for every ones safety.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Interesting. How did you get the card if doctors won't issue certificates?

Phoned the bus company, explained and they sent it to me. Think you can do it online as well.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Sorry I find your attitude quite arrogant. You have the potential to pass on an infection that has crippled the world, but not you because you are somewhat special somehow?

I find your "stay at home attitude" arrogant and dismissive so we're equal.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I still find this mask wearing a bit drastic, in the same way as social pressure comes around in October to wear a poppy at all times otherwise your a traitor.
Humans have been around for over 200 thousand years and there have been many pandemics throughout that time. Whatever we do the grim reaper will get us eventually, and there is a risk everyday in just crossing the road or taking a drive in a car. In a democracy choice is important.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I find your "stay at home attitude" arrogant and dismissive so we're equal.

No, you go out and potentially infect somebody with a disease thats out of control mate. Sorry about the distress ive caused you, by suggesting you should avoid contact with people due to your unique condition.
My 'stay at home' attitude? ****ing right, stay at home if you cant wear a face covering you selfish arse. Its not forever ffs.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I’m not clear what the trigger will be to stop the mask requirement. Covid figures already v low and there has been no suggestion that the requirement will go if figures stay this low or get even lower.

Seems like an indefinite period.

If the measure is there due to concerns about a potential winter increase in numbers which may or may not happen, the mask requirement could run through to spring 2021 or beyond.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
No, you go out and potentially infect somebody with a disease thats out of control mate. Sorry about the distress ive caused you, by suggesting you should avoid contact with people due to your unique condition.
My 'stay at home' attitude? ****ing right, stay at home if you cant wear a face covering you selfish arse. Its not forever ffs.

"Out of control"? In many countries, and many states, and certainly at times in England. But it's now "under control", and the masks are only intended to keep it down. In the tourist season here in Cornwall, there were only 7 cases identified last week. Doubt if any of the conditions mentioned on here are "unique".

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
0b07aa5ad763efabb4c694a396c59366.jpg
Friend made this. It’s a very nicely made mask with minimal steamage

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I still find this mask wearing a bit drastic, in the same way as social pressure comes around in October to wear a poppy at all times otherwise your a traitor.
Humans have been around for over 200 thousand years and there have been many pandemics throughout that time. Whatever we do the grim reaper will get us eventually, and there is a risk everyday in just crossing the road or taking a drive in a car. In a democracy choice is important.

With all due deference to your fatalism and ignoring for the moment humanity's efforts over the millennia to stay alive by hook or by crook, or more accurately, by science - (people realised that washing hands prevented the spread of germs in the mid 19th century; doctors in Europe had been wearing masks since the 17th century (as you'll also know if you've ever played or seen Assassins' Creed)), but say at the moment we had Victorian-esque coal smog in our cities, or vehicle pollution akin to China or Bangladesh, we'd all wear masks without question. We would. Of course we would. If someone had a sniffly sneezy cold, you'd expect them to carry around a hanky. If a surgeon operated on you to remove a bit of cartilage from your knee, given a choice you'd probably prefer it if they wore a surgical mask.

As it happens, we happen to have a virus that spreads exponentially and kills people, and if you unknowingly carry that virus - essentially a common cold virus - and don't wear a mask in situations where you're more likely to pick up/distribute these germs, then why wouldn't you? It's not a 'political' choice, it's not about 'democracy', because this virus could care less; it may be that the government have been piecemeal and slapdash in their approach, but the facts remain.

Plus, like big sunglasses, everyone looks sexier wearing them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"Out of control"? In many countries, and many states, and certainly at times in England. But it's now "under control", and the masks are only intended to keep it down. In the tourist season here in Cornwall, there were only 7 cases identified last week. Doubt if any of the conditions mentioned on here are "unique".

Twenty cases today at one caravan site in England.

To use our municipal tip/recycling place we had to book online and the booking told us we must wear a mask and gloves.

When we used our booking today there were 4 other cars, 6 people dumping things, and one attendant. Not one of the ****ers, including the attendant, was wearing a mask or gloves. Mrs T has contacted the council.

I am beginning to wonder who is most deluded, our shitfer brains government, or our complacent dimbot public.

No, young ladies and fellahs, you may get no symptoms if you catch the virus, but you may yet kill your mum, dad or grandparents.

Or me.

The 'masks may not work so why bother' contingent are as selfish as the 'I can handle my drink and all this drink driving and seatbelt bollocks is just bollocks' brigade during the 60s and 70s.

Anyway, must send message now; it's increadibly difficult txting while driving, especially when you've had a few shandies.

:facepalm:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
With all due deference to your fatalism and ignoring for the moment humanity's efforts over the millennia to stay alive by hook or by crook, or more accurately, by science - (people realised that washing hands prevented the spread of germs in the mid 19th century; doctors in Europe had been wearing masks since the 17th century (as you'll also know if you've ever played or seen Assassins' Creed)), but say at the moment we had Victorian-esque coal smog in our cities, or vehicle pollution akin to China or Bangladesh, we'd all wear masks without question. We would. Of course we would. If someone had a sniffly sneezy cold, you'd expect them to carry around a hanky. If a surgeon operated on you to remove a bit of cartilage from your knee, given a choice you'd probably prefer it if they wore a surgical mask.

As it happens, we happen to have a virus that spreads exponentially and kills people, and if you unknowingly carry that virus - essentially a common cold virus - and don't wear a mask in situations where you're more likely to pick up/distribute these germs, then why wouldn't you? It's not a 'political' choice, it's not about 'democracy', because this virus could care less; it may be that the government have been piecemeal and slapdash in their approach, but the facts remain.

Plus, like big sunglasses, everyone looks sexier wearing them.

This.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Yeah, you just have to ask for it, and they will sell you one. so you dont have to follow government advice, to help ensure the slowing down of this thing.

Sigh .... I've got an ID badge that shows I am exempt from wearing a mask as per GOVERNMENT ADVICE. Stop being a prick Dave.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Sigh .... I've got an ID badge that shows I am exempt from wearing a mask as per GOVERNMENT ADVICE. Stop being a prick Dave.

I doubt that actually. Is it the one you got from the bus company?
You lost all credibility with your 'sheeple' comment im afraid.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Forgot my mask this evening when I went for my evening stroll including beer buying in the co-op. Had to pull my jumper up to my eyes - looked like someone just about to rob the place!

Yoda

English & European
Forgot my mask this evening when I went for my evening stroll including beer buying in the co-op. Had to pull my jumper up to my eyes - looked like someone just about to rob the place!

That's going to be a big thing in my mind come Winter. There will be a massive rise in crime in local stores as this is going to be an open goal for thiefs.

Police: "Can you describe what the perpetrator looked like?"

Shop staff: "No. I could only see his eyes as he had a mask over his face and a beanie hat over his head."

:rolleyes:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
That's going to be a big thing in my mind come Winter. There will be a massive rise in crime in local stores as this is going to be an open goal for thiefs.

Police: "Can you describe what the perpetrator looked like?"

Shop staff: "No. I could only see his eyes as he had a mask over his face and a beanie hat over his head."

:rolleyes:

I use a cotton cotton breathable head scarf neck scarf type thing..I just put it round my neck and pull it over my face when needed it means I dont forget it.

I had my sunglasses on and walked into a shop with my face covered, the shopkeeper looked at me and immediately said " Can you take your face mask off" while pointing to his in store camera ! So there is an issue there for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here