Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martyn Blyth - RIP

dvrvs

Jul 8, 2010
Chris, Sarah and Mini Blyth, Can you stick a pic on here to jog a few memories, most of us will never forget dad’s mush but some have fewer grey cells than others.

Also if you or anyone else have pics of the old days, Roddy would like to try to put them on a DVD for the day.

Matt Melville, I hear you have grown up since the photo, how is dad ? It was I who introduced him to Debs, she also knew Martyn and Chris and Roddy and .....

Better stop there.

Is she coming along ? I have emailed her but although she has two degrees she does not seem to know how to use a computer.

Philpott, You will be there for kick off ? What happened to the warm up ? In the old days we would have been in the Eclipse, Vines, Dog and Duck, Rat and Handbag etc three hours before kick off.

Did Deano, Paddy and Johnson know Martyn ? Paddy must have from HHRFC minis. What about Farrance ? I still remember his pic in the Argus, him wearing a white lab coat and having a bog roll confiscated by Plod in the North Stand. What are they all up to ? Let me know when we meet.

As for Diddy Waterhouse, he came out of the closet not that it was a very well kept secret. I went to school with his brother Nick, a damn good mate and another tragic loss.

John Z, Ta for letting me know about Joe. As for meeting John Rumble (he went to Copenhagen I recall) that was not me, mistaken identity.

Hillian 1, is JD coming along ? We would very much appreciate his input on the pros and cons of Praust v Confucius, debate starting at 3 pm sharp.

Following on from us helping out the Danes anyone remember those half a dozen or so blokes in green camouflage inside the ground who came round to where the twat English were thumping Danish kids and stood there defiantly, arms folded, only a handful but then everyone noticed the sheath knives they had on their belts. Yes, inside the ground and these things were not used to chop carrots, almost standard issue to a Ghurkha. The braindead backed off and the knifemen disappeared, never to be seen again. And then we took over.

Roddy is tracking down Kerr, I am looking for West, Ware, Powell, Coare and Braxton and hoping to drag Awcock out of the Stand Up for the duration, he was not one of the footie guys but he knew everyone. Provided Roddy has a barrel of scrumpy he may stay until it is finished. About an hour and half then. Tunks and Sired invited and Rogers, the guy who gave Martyn the nickname Manatee.

As for Roddy’s we must be aware that he may have house rules, I believe that they are:- no footie shirts, no baseball caps, no multi coloured striped pyjama bottoms, no sandals with socks.

That doesn’t leave me much left to choose from.

Reevesy

South Standers did it standing up.

dvrvs

Jul 8, 2010
MESSAGE FROM PHX

Martyn's service is Friday 16th July, 11am MST, 7pm BST

Joy Memorials

username: blythfamily
password: blyth716

Service will be broadcast live on this site, and available within 24-48 hours online for approx 30 days.

Please forward as appropriate.

Chris, Sarah and Mini Blyth, Can you stick a pic on here to jog a few memories, most of us will never forget dad’s mush but some have fewer grey cells than others.

Also if you or anyone else have pics of the old days, Roddy would like to try to put them on a DVD for the day.

Matt Melville, I hear you have grown up since the photo, how is dad ? It was I who introduced him to Debs, she also knew Martyn and Chris and Roddy and .....

Better stop there.

Is she coming along ? I have emailed her but although she has two degrees she does not seem to know how to use a computer.

Philpott, You will be there for kick off ? What happened to the warm up ? In the old days we would have been in the Eclipse, Vines, Dog and Duck, Rat and Handbag etc three hours before kick off.

Did Deano, Paddy and Johnson know Martyn ? Paddy must have from HHRFC minis. What about Farrance ? I still remember his pic in the Argus, him wearing a white lab coat and having a bog roll confiscated by Plod in the North Stand. What are they all up to ? Let me know when we meet.

As for Diddy Waterhouse, he came out of the closet not that it was a very well kept secret. I went to school with his brother Nick, a damn good mate and another tragic loss.

John Z, Ta for letting me know about Joe. As for meeting John Rumble (he went to Copenhagen I recall) that was not me, mistaken identity.

Hillian 1, is JD coming along ? We would very much appreciate his input on the pros and cons of Praust v Confucius, debate starting at 3 pm sharp.

Following on from us helping out the Danes anyone remember those half a dozen or so blokes in green camouflage inside the ground who came round to where the twat English were thumping Danish kids and stood there defiantly, arms folded, only a handful but then everyone noticed the sheath knives they had on their belts. Yes, inside the ground and these things were not used to chop carrots, almost standard issue to a Ghurkha. The braindead backed off and the knifemen disappeared, never to be seen again. And then we took over.

Roddy is tracking down Kerr, I am looking for West, Ware, Powell, Coare and Braxton and hoping to drag Awcock out of the Stand Up for the duration, he was not one of the footie guys but he knew everyone. Provided Roddy has a barrel of scrumpy he may stay until it is finished. About an hour and half then. Tunks and Sired invited and Rogers, the guy who gave Martyn the nickname Manatee.

As for Roddy’s we must be aware that he may have house rules, I believe that they are:- no footie shirts, no baseball caps, no multi coloured striped pyjama bottoms, no sandals with socks.

That doesn’t leave me much left to choose from.

Reevesy

South Standers did it standing up.

st johns ambulance we also be in attendance for medical aid next to the saga stand!

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
st johns ambulance we also be in attendance for medical aid next to the saga stand![/QUO

omg
lee Farrence and the white coat :clap2: Bet you dont recall the black jacket i wore with "Brighton Rock" painted on the Back. As for drinking 3 hours before the game? moi!!!! never lol
geoff

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
SHIT i think that is me with my head out of the coach window on page 1 anybody no where coach was going any one remember steve smart

Hooray Henley

Jul 7, 2010
Henley on Thames
The only thing that worries me about this is the possibility that the Sussex constabulary could pitch up and empty their "unsolved" book in about twenty minutes of earwiging

Careless talk and all that

Last edited:

SarahBlyth

Jul 6, 2010
brighton
pictures

hi everyone!! pics are on -www.photobucket.com
username:sarahblythpics
password:blyth1986

hope this works!!!

Can't wait till the 31st just a quick question about savannah if we start at
7pm isnt it going to be crazy busy as its a sat night? maybe to start in the day and move somewhere else? not sure how it will work? let me know what you all think?

Sarah xxx

hi everyone!! pics are on -www.photobucket.com
username:sarahblythpics
password:blyth1986

hope this works!!!

Can't wait till the 31st just a quick question about savannah if we start at
7pm isnt it going to be crazy busy as its a sat night? maybe to start in the day and move somewhere else? not sure how it will work? let me know what you all think?

Sarah xxx

Still meeting at 1pm sarah as origininal plan,new time has just got thrown in for unknown reason! nothing to with rod/ the sav! 1pm 31st still on. take care see ya then!

DVRVS:

Not sure if JD will go, could you post a list of names of who will be going and i'll try to get him to. As for his debating skills, as i recall, you put your opinion over, he puts his and gives you a look and you tend to agree..!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Still meeting at 1pm sarah as origininal plan,new time has just got thrown in for unknown reason! nothing to with rod/ the sav! 1pm 31st still on. take care see ya then!

Mea Culpa.

I just posted the 7pm thing as I got an invite from a mate via facebook. It looks like there may be 2 shindigs going on for the same reason, at the same place, on the same date, but the one I got via facebook definately stated 7pm :shrug:

dodge rocks

May 1, 2009
Martyn Blyth...gawd bless him

I've just got back from South Africa and have spent the last 15 minutes reading this thread....thanks to 'Dad' Dave and Rory for letting me know the news whilst I was out there. I can only repeat what everyone else has been saying, Condolences to his family and what a guy!
I sat on many a 'Roddy' coach trip in the mid/late 70's, Me, Rory Paul Tierney, John Curran, Chris O'Regan, Vic hammond and Phil Packham from school. Used to get on like a house on fire with the Manatee...made me laugh with his comments/antics even those of the 'hooli' variety. Palace away...always recognised by the mass wearing of Palace scarves in the North Stand the following week after they'd been nicked at Selhurst!! Then, after I moved to Wilts I used to get the train down to HH, Dave (DVRVS) would pick me up in the Hunter with the rebel flag and on at least 2 occasions Chris Tampsett's Mum cooked me breakfast!! Away games, Roddy would get the coach to pick me up outside Marylebone police station on the Edgeware road or at the end of London Bridge. Used to sit next to Martyn a lot..including on that freezing cold drive back from Chesterfield after the West Ham incident at Scratchwood. Anyone else remember the girl guide party trying to have a picnic when the hatchet/machete bearing Hammers headed our way.....straight through the middle of them?
I'm just sorry I never caught up with Martyn in recent years so he could have been part of all this chat. Chris/Sarah...you had a great Dad, I'll definitely try to make the 31st to honour him..RIP Manatee x

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove
I've just got back from South Africa and have spent the last 15 minutes reading this thread....thanks to 'Dad' Dave and Rory for letting me know the news whilst I was out there. I can only repeat what everyone else has been saying, Condolences to his family and what a guy!
I sat on many a 'Roddy' coach trip in the mid/late 70's, Me, Rory Paul Tierney, John Curran, Chris O'Regan, Vic hammond and Phil Packham from school. Used to get on like a house on fire with the Manatee...made me laugh with his comments/antics even those of the 'hooli' variety. Palace away...always recognised by the mass wearing of Palace scarves in the North Stand the following week after they'd been nicked at Selhurst!! Then, after I moved to Wilts I used to get the train down to HH, Dave (DVRVS) would pick me up in the Hunter with the rebel flag and on at least 2 occasions Chris Tampsett's Mum cooked me breakfast!! Away games, Roddy would get the coach to pick me up outside Marylebone police station on the Edgeware road or at the end of London Bridge. Used to sit next to Martyn a lot..including on that freezing cold drive back from Chesterfield after the West Ham incident at Scratchwood. Anyone else remember the girl guide party trying to have a picnic when the hatchet/machete bearing Hammers headed our way.....straight through the middle of them?
I'm just sorry I never caught up with Martyn in recent years so he could have been part of all this chat. Chris/Sarah...you had a great Dad, I'll definitely try to make the 31st to honour him..RIP Manatee x

Wondered when you were getting back! hope all went well in sa and would be good to see you on the 31st,CHEERS THE REV

Stevo7345

Jul 8, 2010
Hi everyone. I think I may have confused a few people. I was told about a potential doo at The Savannah as I run a quiz there on Mondays. Immediately thought it was an evening doo so sent out a facebook event to start at 19:00. I have since rectified to start at lunchtime. At least the bar has a good outside area. I can't get there until late as I am coming down from Ipswich. For those that know me, living in Ipswich is hardly ideal and I imagine Martyn is STILL laughing about it (I'm a Canary). So apologies if this has caused confusion but I am sure that we can arrange a rounding send off for a great man and good friend. I'll be watching this evening and thinking of him. All the best everyone and hope to see (some of) you on Saturday 31st. xXx

Hi everyone. I think I may have confused a few people. I was told about a potential doo at The Savannah as I run a quiz there on Mondays. Immediately thought it was an evening doo so sent out a facebook event to start at 19:00. I have since rectified to start at lunchtime. At least the bar has a good outside area. I can't get there until late as I am coming down from Ipswich. For those that know me, living in Ipswich is hardly ideal and I imagine Martyn is STILL laughing about it (I'm a Canary). So apologies if this has caused confusion but I am sure that we can arrange a rounding send off for a great man and good friend. I'll be watching this evening and thinking of him. All the best everyone and hope to see (some of) you on Saturday 31st. xXx

oooooohhhh! you little monkey! see ya on the 31st!!!!!!!:hilton:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Love this thread.
Every time I see it, I see Martyn's laughing mush, followed by remembering his face change colour when I got him massively stoned on a night shift at Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here