[Albion] Marseille

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Just stumbled across World Choice Sports potentially offering a charter flight to Marseille from Gatwick.
Only a pre-registration at this stage, no flight times as it doesnt look like they've sourced an aircraft yet.
Can't say I've heard of this company before, from working in sports travel company I know quite a few companies but this company is not known by myself.
Had hoped we would hear something from Air Charter via Seagulls Travel today....still nothing and its our first away fixture in one months time.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Just booked return flight to Paris £48.30
and express train 3hr 15m to Marseille £93.00 return
you dont have to pay for an overpriced flight to south of France 🍻⚽👊
That's crazy fast from Paris
Why does it take so long for the train to go from nice to Marseille!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just stumbled across World Choice Sports potentially offering a charter flight to Marseille from Gatwick.
Only a pre-registration at this stage, no flight times as it doesnt look like they've sourced an aircraft yet.
Can't say I've heard of this company before, from working in sports travel company I know quite a few companies but this company is not known by myself.
Had hoped we would hear something from Air Charter via Seagulls Travel today....still nothing and its our first away fixture in one months time.
Seagulls Travel have updated this evening and basically it’s a non starter for Marseille
Details on their socials

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
As happens in Munich, Cologne, Freiburg, and no doubt many other European cities. Why we have such a problem laying on extra trains and buses on matchday in Brighton is beyond me. Well OK, I appreciate there are logistical issues but surely none that can't be hammered out in a few friendly meetings with all stakeholders. The alternative reality we have to put up with -- nightmarish scenes trying to get away from the stadium -- surely justifies some radical rethinking. I wonder how all those Ajax, AEK and Marseille fans will tolerate queuing up for an hour or more at the station at 10-11pm.
The club and southern lay on two extra trains an hour, stop pretending these issues don’t happen in Europe, they do. “Nightmarish scenes” is one of the most ridiculous over exaggerations I’ve seen in my life. The club literally drag every bus from every corner of Sussex for Park and Ride, don’t know what more they aren’t meant to do, other than a monorail.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Sorry to ask busy at work. Any idea of the best Web site to book train tickets on. Thanks
The trainline was a simple process. The best two options for the thursday morning seemed to be the 10:58 and the 12:58. With the plane landing at 10am though we went for the later one. The station to use is the one farthest from the airport (Montpellier St-Roch), probably not enough time to hair it across town for the 10:58. Might as well go at a leisurely pace and have a liquid early lunch in Montpellier.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
The trainline was a simple process. The best two options for the thursday morning seemed to be the 10:58 and the 12:58. With the plane landing at 10am though we went for the later one. The station to use is the one farthest from the airport (Montpellier St-Roch), probably not enough time to hair it across town for the 10:58. Might as well go at a leisurely pace and have a liquid early lunch in Montpellier.
Thanks, all sorted now. Just waiting for the match tickets now.
Much appreciated

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I would steer well clear of travel companies that are not well known !

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
We lay on two extra trains an hour, stop pretending these issues don’t happen in Europe, they do. “Nightmarish scenes” is one of the most ridiculous over exaggerations I’ve seen in my life. Southern Rail train planners currently being advertised if you think you can do a better job. The club literally drag every bus from every corner of Sussex for Park and Ride, don’t know what more they aren’t meant to do, other than a monorail.
I'm reluctant to rehash this as it's been discussed so often. There are, I'm sure, plenty of poor football transport facilities across Europe but there are plenty of good ones too where the police and local authority know that getting people away quickly is a key security and safety task, quite apart from being a humane way to treat people. I've had some really unpleasant experiences at the Amex as have many others, queuing up for a long time for a train on that bridge, especially in mid winter. Don't tell me this hasn't happened. And the park and ride I've given up on as it gets hijacked by people who aren't even using the parking. Unless I left 5 minutes before the final whistle I could never get on the first lot of buses and have been stuck in that big scrum of people on the steps for ages. The club know it's a crisis but seem to have their hands tied. I think they should start charging in advance for the Racecourse park and ride. But we're getting off topic.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'm reluctant to rehash this as it's been discussed so often. There are, I'm sure, plenty of poor football transport facilities across Europe but there are plenty of good ones too where the police and local authority know that getting people away quickly is a key security and safety task, quite apart from being a humane way to treat people. I've had some really unpleasant experiences at the Amex as have many others, queuing up for a long time for a train on that bridge, especially in mid winter. Don't tell me this hasn't happened. And the park and ride I've given up on as it gets hijacked by people who aren't even using the parking. Unless I left 5 minutes before the final whistle I could never get on the first lot of buses and have been stuck in that big scrum of people on the steps for ages. The club know it's a crisis but seem to have their hands tied. I think they should start charging in advance for the Racecourse park and ride. But we're getting off topic.
:unsure:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
We lay on two extra trains an hour, stop pretending these issues don’t happen in Europe, they do. “Nightmarish scenes” is one of the most ridiculous over exaggerations I’ve seen in my life. Southern Rail train planners currently being advertised if you think you can do a better job. The club literally drag every bus from every corner of Sussex for Park and Ride, don’t know what more they aren’t meant to do, other than a monorail.
What is it about working for a train company that gets people so butt hurt whenever people then complain about trains on here? Take a step back, it’s not personal abuse towards you… You might all be ‘trying your hardest’ but it doesn’t mean the service isn’t frequently shit.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’ve read this twice and still have no idea what you are on about the race course is by far the quickest get away and you are paying in advance every time you buy a ST or match day ticket.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Last time I was in Munich at Bayerns ground it was an absolute shit show. Well over an hour to get on a train, police kept opening /
closing a gate squashing people.

Ajax ground from memory isn’t particularly fun either with rammed trains back to Amsterdam

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Surprised by 5000 pre-registering. Wonder how many of those actually will be up for a ticket if push came to shove
I registered as I didn't want to exclude any options , I will go to one of the three games at most (all I can afford) and the Marseille game is now looking like the least likely. I would be surprised if if take anywhere near 5k.... but will be happy to be proved wrong.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I understand that you have to wait in the cold, but you are going to have to wait, unless we build a new stadium in the middle of Brighton. I just don’t understand how when we’ve got European football in a beautiful stadium with an amazing team. Why we’re worried about what they’ll think of southern rail. They’ve been to Qarabag, queuing half an hour for a train into Brighton for 9 minutes is nothing. In terms of security there are people I expect having meetings on how to deal with their fan groups, the police and rail companies are filled with very experienced football fans who know what they are dealing with. Most of these fans groups March to the ground as well. As seen by our good friend @VojFromMars on this thread that most Marseille, Athens and Ajax fans are not horrible people intent on violence, they’ll be here to watch their team just like us, with a hell a lot of passion. I can’t wait to see a massive group of AEK fans show us what they’re all about at the Amex on 21st September.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports