[Albion] Marseille

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
I'm suprised at how many people don't seem to understand the simple guidance of "Don't wear colours" that keep getting highlighted in this thread. - It seems to be fairly difficult for some to understand that there's quite obviously a pretty good reason why your being advised about it.... I just think You're just asking for trouble unnecessarily....... Why bother?
What is also unsaid is wearing Stone Island / CP Company etc - which will cause issues.. whether you’re ok with that is another matter

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
Stick your Albion shirt on under your well done up jacket, stick a Marseille scarf round your neck, make your own way to Stadium, through all their ultras without saying a word, where outside the away turnstiles, you discreetly bin said Marseille scarf, go through away turnstile for the full incredible hulk hidden Albion top reveal.

or could just sack that all off and wear no colours!
The temperature next Thursday will be something like 27 degrees. Do you want him to pass out from heat stroke on the way to the stadium? :ROFLMAO:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What is also unsaid is wearing Stone Island / CP Company etc - which will cause issues.. whether you’re ok with that is another matter
What about Alexander McQueen?

NottinghamGull

Sep 21, 2023
Nottingham
I’m out in Marseille for two weeks. Came for the rugby, staying extra 3 days for the football once draw was made and MyAlbion+ tickets purchased. For rugby matches wearing England colours around is not a problem and good banter with the Frenchies and lots of other nations. That’s on match days, at the stadium or in the bars. However, the locals all warn me to “be careful” for the football match when I say I am a Brighton fan going to the game. It is a very different atmosphere when OM are playing. We have been warned by the club, and local views here suggest it wise to be cautious.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Thanks all. I won't be wearing colours around Marseille as I want to go round a few places first without sticking out. (And Stone Island is really not my thing either!). I'm not planning on doing anything that risks unwanted attention, other than perhaps speaking terrible French with a hopeful smile.

Was just wondering about popping back for colours in a bag before we head off to La Joliette and le bus, if people were going to wear them inside the ground. Sounds like most aren't, so I won't bother.

:sheep:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It's like a puzzle in 3-2-1 this (one for the kids). Don't congregate in groups but go to one place to get your ticket, be wary of pick pockets but take your passport with you and meet up at the secret place with the red door to get your ticket.

I've got to be honest, when I ask Rene for "Dos Stella Artois pour va vour" with the DJ behind me it might give the game away.

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Stick your Albion shirt on under your well done up jacket, stick a Marseille scarf round your neck, make your own way to Stadium, through all their ultras without saying a word, where outside the away turnstiles, you discreetly bin said Marseille scarf, go through away turnstile for the full incredible hulk hidden Albion top reveal.

or could just sack that all off and wear no colours!
Jacket ??? - it'll be about 25 degrees at ko time

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
It's like a puzzle in 3-2-1 this (one for the kids). Don't congregate in groups but go to one place to get your ticket, be wary of pick pockets but take your passport with you and meet up at the secret place with the red door.

I've got to be honest, when I ask Rene for "Dos Stella Artois pour va vour" with the DJ behind me it might give the game away.
Passport in a separate belt/neck wallet under clothes is easy enough. Ticket collection is staggered across 2 different days in a location away from the boozers, so it doesn't attract attention and become a target (obviously not what they meant by congregating in large groups!)

Of course they have to set it all out, but it mostly boils down to "have your wits about you, use common sense, don't be a dickhead".

Do that and Rene will be happy enough to take your hard-earned :lol:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Thanks all. I won't be wearing colours around Marseille as I want to go round a few places first without sticking out. (And Stone Island is really not my thing either!). I'm not planning on doing anything that risks unwanted attention, other than perhaps speaking terrible French with a hopeful smile.

Was just wondering about popping back for colours in a bag before we head off to La Joliette and le bus, if people were going to wear them inside the ground. Sounds like most aren't, so I won't bother.

:sheep:
Thought stone island was for 20 somethings who aren’t cool but are desperately trying to be !

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm sure the location of away fans won't be a surprise to Marseille fans, as it looks like every set of away fans a
Jacket ??? - it'll be about 25 degrees at ko time
25 feels like 28.

You'll be spending a fair chunk of time crammed on a bus, probably lacking air-con, crawling through town.

Layers and jackets are not what you'll be wanting to wear.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What sort of low level firm are Marseille if they go around attacking fans in club colours? Surely if they had any respect for themselves they would be on the phone with the West Street lads arranging a suitable time for a meet and having a game of walking football winner takes all 🤣

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
What sort of low level firm are Marseille if they go around attacking fans in club colours? Surely if they had any respect for themselves they would be on the phone with the West Street lads arranging a suitable time for a meet up and having a game of walking football winner takes all 🤣
Or who can throw a filled water bottle without the lid on the furthest !

NottinghamGull

Sep 21, 2023
Nottingham
Weather in Marseille at the moment is like a very good summer’s day in UK. Gets up to 20C quite quickly and peeking mid-high 20s. Shorts and tee shirt fine at 8am and 11pm yesterday. Some days a bit hazy in the morning but burns off to give blue sky. Don’t forget your sun tan lotion otherwise you’ll end up redder than the Rosé wine you might be drinking!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports