Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille v Albion ticketing - allocation and priority windows etc

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Taxi from la joliette to veledrome is 15 euros and 15 minutes. If we are not penned in that's going to be very tempting

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Taxi from la joliette to veledrome is 15 euros and 15 minutes. If we are not penned in that's going to be very tempting
I've been told that access to the away area is ONLY by way of the organised buses from La Joliette.

Away fans are bussed into a compound that's under the stadium which is where the turnstiles are.

Now, you may well say "so if I turn up with a valid ticket under my own steam they won't let me in?" It may feel unlikely, but be aware of the risk.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
our group on the same train.
couple are concerned that if any delays its going to be tight picking up the tickets...........which would be rather annoying
Assuming it's the BA flight from Gatwick? I think there's a chance all things being equal that we can make the 11am train.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Looks like a few of us on the BA flight from Gatwick early Thursday morning to Montpellier followed by the train to Marseille. Keep it down in the back of the plane for those of us flying Business wanker (it was all my Avios points could grab).

Berks_seagull

Jul 12, 2022
Looks like a few of us on the BA flight from Gatwick early Thursday morning to Montpellier followed by the train to Marseille. Keep it down in the back of the plane for those of us flying Business wanker (it was all my Avios points could grab).
It does sound like there are quite a few of us on that flight to Montpellier ! My son and I are slumming it down the back and then planning on taking the later train to Marseille as the earlier one looked very tight on time. If we can pick up tickets in La Joliette slightly later now then the timings should be fine. Staying Thursday night in Marseille, Friday night in Montpellier and then back on Saturday !! Can’t wait !!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I've been told that access to the away area is ONLY by way of the organised buses from La Joliette.

Away fans are bussed into a compound that's under the stadium which is where the turnstiles are.

Now, you may well say "so if I turn up with a valid ticket under my own steam they won't let me in?" It may feel unlikely, but be aware of the risk.
Spurs had the exact same travel advice as us for a much more important and intense fixture there, and there are videos on YouTube of groups of Spurs fans drinking on the Metro on the way to the ground. I reckon it would be fine if people did decide to go down that route.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
That's incredible but I suspect that will be among thr lowest you could spend, I've seen people talk about paying around £400 for just their arrangements for one away game.

Fair play to you though, very jealous!
I’ve managed to do all three so far for just under £400, I did book hotels in every destination on all six dates in all 3 with free cancellations though. There’s a cheeky trick on travel, but I won’t go into that.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That's impressive at £700 - I'm guessing you booked flights/accommodation early on? I'd have loved to go to Marseille but it tallys up to about £750/800 just for that one for me.
Yep, my trip to Marseille is costing about £700, I didn't book until I had a ticket as I thought they'd be difficult to get. It's all a learning experience

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not sure if this is the best thread but all is not well at OM. Death threats from the ultras…

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Lovely bunch. What a ‘mare it must be for the average fan supporting these clubs that are run by their ‘ultras’.
Don’t think Brighton is squeaky clean. Bruno received death threats when he went to Chelsea.

RenboSlice

Sep 9, 2023
There's a hostel in Marseille called 'The People' which has dorm rooms available for about 35-40 quid if anyone is really needing cheap accommodation. Looks like a really nice place, has a bar and is 7 minutes to La Joliette

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I hope the weather clears up , flew home from Nice on Sunday evening , flight from hell with the storms

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here