Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille v Albion ticketing - allocation and priority windows etc

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
If anyone is yet to book travel the 16:38 train on Wednesday evening from Paris to Marseille St Charles has got a few Albion on board.

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
If it doesn’t sell out, will the club open up to purchase history members?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
If it doesn’t sell out, will the club open up to purchase history members?
Not sure they will. I think they'll give it another couple of days and then put it on sale to anyone else who wants one with a season ticket or MyAlbion+ with tiers. Only speculating of course...

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Can’t quite believe we’ve not sold/close to selling out. First ever European away game, everyone always moaning they can’t get to games and loyalty points unfair etc. Then get given an absolute gift with a top tier fixture and we struggle to sell out, genuinely baffled!
I for one cannot wait for this though! See you all in Marseille!
This kind of stuff is starting to annoy me. First of all, the match is still more than 2 weeks away and is still only on sale to ST holders and members so why not just wait before reaching conclusions? Second, and it’s been said repeatedly, not everyone can go to all the games, so need to pick and choose. Going to Marseille for several days is a big deal for many people. It’s ok if you’re a young single bloke who can easily get time off work. For every other demographic it’s not so simple, trying to juggle family and work commitments, not to mention finances. In my own case, TBH time and money are not major issues but I know I wouldn't get away with swanning off to Europe on my own so I’ve had to factor in what I can sell to my wife. I didn’t fancy being herded round in Marseille and we’ve been to Amsterdam quite recently so it’s Athens for us. I’ve already booked travel and am now hoping for a ticket. Other people will have their own reasons for making their choice.

You might be disappointed that it’s not been an instant sell out but you shouldn’t be 'genuinely baffled'. It’s obvious if you think about it! I’m pretty sure the match will sell out or very nearly sell out.

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
This kind of stuff is starting to annoy me. First of all, the match is still more than 2 weeks away and is still only on sale to ST holders so why not just wait before reaching conclusions? Second, and it’s been said repeatedly, not everyone can go to all the games. Maybe they can’t go to all the games and need to pick and choose. Going to Marseille for several days is a big deal for many people. It’s ok if you’re a young single bloke who can easily get time off work. For every other demographic it’s not so simple, trying to juggle family and work commitments, not to mention finances. In my own case, TBH time and money are not major issues but I know I wouldn't get away with swanning off to Europe on my own so I’ve had to factor in what I can sell to my wife. I didn’t fancy being herded round in Marseille and we’ve been to Amsterdam quite recently so it’s Athens for us. I’ve already booked travel and am now hoping for a ticket.

You might be disappointed that it’s not been an instant sell out but you shouldn’t be 'genuinely baffled'. It’s obvious if you think about it! I’m pretty sure the match will sell out or very nearly sell out.
I have to agree, there was a lot of 'we're all going on a european tour' bravado when we qualified. But when push comes to shove they won't go for a multitude of reasons. I'm fortunate I get subsidised travel to a lot of europe and know I'll be in the top point priority for all the games so I could book early. I'm also a single bloke in my mid twenties so in all fairness I have no commitments, and my work is happy to give me the time off. I do think there is a lot of scare mongering about Marseille however, but in all reality things will be ok.

tigerbeesteve

tigerbeesteve
Jan 18, 2010
Bristol
Thrilled to get a ticket this morning as an Albion+ 200 points member - it's still sinking in!

I'm flying out from Bristol 7.15 am on Wednesday morning, is there anyone else on that fight too? I'm making a short break of it (lucky I'm able to) and flying back on Saturday, direct Marseille to Bristol.

£85 for the flight, £145 for 3 nights airbnb close to La Joilette, a pretty decent layout for me and worth it for the first-ever Albion away match in Europe!

Hope they open sales up to those who didn't get a chance to register, if we don't sell out by the end of today.

Excited!

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Only way this sells out is by officially removing the pre-registration dependency and going down to purchase history.

Sep 8, 2023
Well sam i would not like to say which is best as these things are a matter of personal choice but will try to describe what is left.
In top tier right at the back (nosebleed territory) with a mountain of stairs to climb blocks R and Q, still some left at the bottom of Q but will be behind the goal line.
Also in top tier and further behind goal line but angled to face pitch and much lower blocks AQ and KQ but these may have poor view of closest goal if fence/net is close.
In lower tier block AA raised on a platform at rear but strictly NO STANDING as it would block the view from the disabled area but as it is raised you should have a good view in the middle of that block certainly in first couple of rows.
Lastly in lower tier block B which i should imagine apart from the rows closest to the pitch will probably be all standing and a bit of a free for all.
Hope this helps DTH
I went with a seat directly on the wall in B. I want the real away support experience lol

weymouthmick

Mar 14, 2014
Thrilled to get a ticket this morning as an Albion+ 200 points member - it's still sinking in!

I'm flying out from Bristol 7.15 am on Wednesday morning, is there anyone else on that fight too? I'm making a short break of it (lucky I'm able to) and flying back on Saturday, direct Marseille to Bristol.

£85 for the flight, £145 for 3 nights airbnb close to La Joilette, a pretty decent layout for me and worth it for the first-ever Albion away match in Europe!

Hope they open sales up to those who didn't get a chance to register, if we don't sell out by the end of today.

Excited!
Yep sounds like the flights we have, we can help each other as we work out how to get from airport to hotel (same area) thinking maybe just book a transfer car

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I have to agree, there was a lot of 'we're all going on a european tour' bravado when we qualified. But when push comes to shove they won't go for a multitude of reasons. I'm fortunate I get subsidised travel to a lot of europe and know I'll be in the top point priority for all the games so I could book early. I'm also a single bloke in my mid twenties so in all fairness I have no commitments, and my work is happy to give me the time off. I do think there is a lot of scare mongering about Marseille however, but in all reality things will be ok.
It would be very interesting to know the demographic of the fans who have purchased tickets. I would guess, probably not unreasonably, that most are either young singles like yourself or old retired persons like me!
I have already stated on this thread that what caused me the most surprise was not that we have not already sold out per se but the fact that more of the people who pre registered did not buy than those who did. I did not expect that and would hazard a guess that the club did not either.
I have assembled a breakdown of sales per window, to the nearest 100, out of interest and it looks like this:-
Fri am STH/1901 308+ pts 500
Fri pm STH/1901 230+ pts 1000
Mon am STH/1901 186+ pts 400
Mon pm all STH/1901 300
Tue am Albion+ 103+pts 200
Tue pm all Albion+ 200
I think the difference between the first two is explained by either there not being a 50/50 split between the first two tiers or people waiting to buy with 2nd tier friends as they knew they were guaranteed a ticket. Either way if we are to assume that the total who were able to buy on that 1st day was 3173 ( ref Titanic post) then it is clear that less than half did so. This in a group that i really thought would be most keen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here