[Albion] Marseille v Albion ticketing - allocation and priority windows etc

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
So around 2680 remaining as at 10, under 700 bought?

If that reflects the upper points tally interested in going then perhaps I do have a chance of Ajax, I thought double that would go in the early stages of the first window. Will be interesting to see the situation following the second at 2pm
But Ajax is the game we ALL want to get too.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I spoke to the ticket office late last week as I have not pre-registered, as originally I couldn’t make this date, but now I can. The guy on the phone said preregistration was just to gauge interest and not a requirement to buy tickets, he was clearly talking out of his hat. I’m tier 1 and I’m hoping this might go to those that didn’t preregister if we don’t sell out the preregistrations. I think there is a fear growing around this one and the club statement is probably not helping.
That's rough, I do like the pre-reg idea though. Makes purchase windows more informed.

I wasn't planning on this one, had booked flights/hotels for the other ones. Marseille options were too costly. But pre reg'd so I could think about it.

Then my wife booked a revenge trip to montpellier " as you're always buggering off to places for football". Just happened to be from 6th October so perfect excuse to go and make a weekend of it.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
But Ajax is the game we ALL want to get too.
Not sure there'll be that much more demand. 20% maybe? Not that much easier/cheaper and not every one likes a smoke etc so don't think it will that much higher than out first ever away game in Europe. Quite an historic event to be part of.

Mr Phil

Nov 29, 2022
Not sure there'll be that much more demand. 20% maybe? Not that much easier/cheaper and not every one likes a smoke etc so don't think it will that much higher than out first ever away game in Europe. Quite an historic event to be part of.
Yeah but Ajax will be our first ever away game in Europe where you aren’t looking over your shoulder throughout your stay, so that’s bound to be more enticing

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
I think there will be at least double the number of people wanting to go to Amsterdam than Marseille, possibly treble. Look at the number of flights across multiple airlines between London and Amsterdam compared to Marseille, plus trains and ferries. It's much, much easier to get to. It's also a Tier 1 club/stadium, even in the Champions League. Marseille are a big club with great history but they're Tier 2 or 3 in European football, a long way from being unmissable like Ajax.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Everyone I've spoken to about these matches seems to fancy Ajax the most as the trip to do.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think there will be at least double the number of people wanting to go to Amsterdam than Marseille, possibly treble. Look at the number of flights across multiple airlines between London and Amsterdam compared to Marseille, plus trains and ferries. It's much, much easier to get to. It's also a Tier 1 club/stadium, even in the Champions League. Marseille are a big club with great history but they're Tier 2 or 3 in European football, a long way from being unmissable like Ajax.
Agreed - I'd say double or more.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Yeah but Ajax will be our first ever away game in Europe where you aren’t looking over your shoulder throughout your stay, so that’s bound to be more enticing
Alright then, Marseille and Athens it is for me, just hope I survive! Non refundable flight/hotel for Ajax game anyway so I supposed I'll just have to put up with Amsterdam if I don't get a ticket. Hey-ho

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Here's another vlog from the Spurs game. Unfortunately doesn't show anything in town pre-game, but does mention a very long and hot bus ride - presumably the same we're supposed to take.

Also gives an idea of the view from the top tier.

Having had this with many England games I wouldn't advise anyone to get the buses laid on by the old bill. You'll go on a tour of the city and not a good one. Think being in central Brighton and getting a coach to the Amex but via Pease Pottage services.

The recent game in Naples finished at 11pm which was exactly the same time as the metro stopped so we had very little choice to use them. I ended up getting back to the port area at 1:15am which was only 3 miles away. You were held crammed in to a "happy shopper" bus with no aircon whilst the old bill cleared the roads and then we were taken out to the ring road and did an entire lap of the city in convoy doing about 30mph. I would imagine it's probably not very different in Marseille.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Having had this with many England games I wouldn't advise anyone to get the buses laid on by the old bill. You'll go on a tour of the city and not a good one. Think being in central Brighton and getting a coach to the Amex but via Pease Pottage services.

The recent game in Naples finished at 11pm which was exactly the same time as the metro stopped so we had very little choice to use them. I ended up getting back to the port area at 1:15am which was only 3 miles away. You were held crammed in to a "happy shopper" bus with no aircon whilst the old bill cleared the roads and then we were taken out to the ring road and did an entire lap of the city in convoy doing about 30mph. I would imagine it's probably not very different in Marseille.
With over 3,000 people advised to travel this way, they're going to need a lot of buses if they intend to do the whole lot in one go, and not shuttle buses back and forth.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Alright then, Marseille and Athens it is for me, just hope I survive! Non refundable flight/hotel for Ajax game anyway so I supposed I'll just have to put up with Amsterdam if I don't get a ticket. Hey-ho
The good news is there will be a lot of other Albion ticketless in Amsterdam, so you won't be alone for a drink and watching the match.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I like this post but it’s ambitious!
Ironically I can’t go to Marseilles due to logistical reasons but am guaranteed a ticket. Although we’ve booked Athens and Ajax we’ll probably be on the cusp. My points are irrelevant as me and the boy are a package and he’ll be on 245 when tomorrow’s are added so I’ll book when he can. (Won’t risk buying separately in case we end up in different blocks. He’s only 14)

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
With over 3,000 people advised to travel this way, they're going to need a lot of buses if they intend to do the whole lot in one go, and not shuttle buses back and forth.
I’ve heard they’ve got these

IMG_2239.jpeg

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
For those flying on Wednesday.. looks like there's going to be strike action affecting the trains to the airport

Thanks for the early heads up. Going from stansted which is a ballache at the best of times. Now cutting our losses and staying up there the night before.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I like this post but it’s ambitious!
Ironically I can’t go to Marseilles due to logistical reasons but am guaranteed a ticket. Although we’ve booked Athens and Ajax we’ll probably be on the cusp. My points are irrelevant as me and the boy are a package and he’ll be on 245 when tomorrow’s are added so I’ll book when he can. (Won’t risk buying separately in case we end up in different blocks. He’s only 14)
I've the reverse -
View attachment 166470

and R 425 and Q 326

2623 available
Blimey - what's hapened to the high point crew? Only 640 or so sold? So if that's 250% for Ajax that's still 1000 remaining for the 230points plus equivalent. There's got to be a chance then, can't believe the take up has been so slow

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Blimey - what's hapened to the high point crew? Only 640 or so sold? So if that's 250% for Ajax that's still 1000 remaining for the 230points plus equivalent. There's got to be a chance then, can't believe the take up has been so slow
We will know more in a couple of hours... but it may well be that the reality of travel costs / inconvenience, time off work, and Marseille reputation have slowed people down somewhat - despite it being our historic 1st appearance in European competition!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
We will know more in a couple of hours... but it may well be that the reality of travel costs / inconvenience, time off work, and Marseille reputation have slowed people down somewhat - despite it being our historic 1st appearance in European competition!
Splitters!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports