Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Marseille fans are mental....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
over The years in various places on holiday in France, we have seen loads of stuff about the resistance in France - in the South, around the Dordogne, in Eastern France, in Alsace, in Lot et Garonne. Proud and brave!

one of my literary and philosophical heroes, Albert Camus, was active in the resistance and editor of their banned newspaper, “Combat”.
Talking of which.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
All the Bristol Rovers coaches were bricked near the Greyhound stadium after the 2-8 defeat in the 70’s… 6 coaches without a window left.
“I see the lights are flashing,
We’re all going Bristol bashing”

Disgusting

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No one did anything when Liverpool fans attacked City's coach pelting it with bricks. Just lucky no one was injured. FA didn't care, it was outside the stadium so not their problem. Unless it happens at a UEFA match they won't care either.

There’ve been several incidents like that in recent times. A modern day Agincourt with bricks in 2016 outside Upton Park as Hammers waited to attack the Manure coach and did.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I was unlucky enough to be on the one coach out of about 20 that left The Valley ( old Charlton ground for you youngsters) every window on the kerbside was bricked as we're my pants,nobody was seriously injured remarkably and it would of probably been worse if not for the coachload behind us chasing off the idiots in the park,so I can categorically say it is bloody scary,just waiting for a lump of concrete to smash into ones noodle,what made it worse was we had to stay on that coach and pick up another one at Catford which then broke down on the way home! Triffic night out that was.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
In the last decade, Marseilles have played at Liverpool, Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Man City. There will not have been any fences at any of them.
Exactly my thought when I read that. Also why would the bloke travel hundreds of miles without doing research and then expect us to have a store cupboard of portable fences 🤣 Chinese whispers if ever I’ve heard them!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
No one did anything when Liverpool fans attacked City's coach pelting it with bricks.
They get away with it because Liverpool are supposedly always a lovely friendly bunch with a special atmosphere, and if you suggest otherwise they'll try and link your comments back to Hillsborough or their MP will complain to the house of commons. Brick throwing for the reds is just special atmosphere jolly japes.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
They get away with it because Liverpool are supposedly always a lovely friendly bunch with a special atmosphere, and if you suggest otherwise they'll try and link your comments back to Hillsborough or their MP will complain to the house of commons. Brick throwing for the reds is just special atmosphere jolly japes.
Utter tripe. Mentioning Liverpool is akin to mentioning Brexit or cycling on NSC, always gets the prejudiced frothing.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Utter tripe. Mentioning Liverpool is akin to mentioning Brexit or cycling on NSC, always gets the prejudiced frothing.
And there it is, someone gets triggered within minutes because I don't like Liverpool.

Everyone is allowed to dislike Utd, Chelsea, Spurs etc. without a peep of resistance. When you do it to Liverpool it's because you're "prejudiced" :lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
And there it is, someone gets triggered within minutes because I don't like Liverpool.

Everyone is allowed to dislike Utd, Chelsea, Spurs etc. without a peep of resistance. When you do it to Liverpool it's because you're "prejudiced" :lolol:
I also don't like the teams you mention nor do I harbour any affinity with Liverpool FC. But time after time a thread here is derailed by one person mentioning some tosh or other about scousers as you alluded and others then jump on the anti scouse bus. You were triggered enough to mention Hillsborough etc which again pretty much shows your comment for what it is.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I also don't like the teams you mention nor do I harbour any affinity with Liverpool FC. But time after time a thread here is derailed by one person mentioning some tosh or other about scousers as you alluded and others then jump on the anti scouse bus. You were triggered enough to mention Hillsborough etc which again pretty much shows your comment for what it is.
There's another common one, you're anti scouse.

Got no problem with the toffees who don't carry the same level of entitlement and don't have an army of 2nd club merchants shouting down any negative comments.

Why do you need to stick up for them if you don't have any affiliation?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There's another common one, you're anti scouse.

Got no problem with the toffees who don't carry the same level of entitlement and don't have an army of 2nd club merchants shouting down any negative comments.

Why do you need to stick up for them if you don't have any affiliation?
The use of Hillsborough as a stick to beat them with? I believe it's pretty distasteful to keep throwing that around. There are plenty of other things to dislike or take issue with, mostly in my book the number of plastic fans down south who never have and never have any intention of actually going to see the club never mind visit the city and go and watch a match up there. I am certain that had Brighton had a comparable disaster, that just like them, we would still be angry about one of the biggest cover-ups by the authorities in recent history. Just as we hearken back to the awful stewardship of our club in the early 90's until Dick Knight rescued us, and often reminisce, sometimes quite emotively, there is understandably a lot more emotion and energy involved with Liverpool fans, and it is not just Liverpool fans who were affected but many people knew or had family members killed. I don't dislike either Liverpool or Everton, but I also would find it extremely funny if either went down, I led a chant of 'you'll never win the league' at a bunch of them at the station the year before they won the league. :facepalm: If I have a second club, it is Shrewsbury Town which is where my paternal ancestors hail from. Hardly a glory hunting 2nd team.

Last edited:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Blimey. Rightfully condemned in that report, the homophobic chanting is an interesting one and begs the question... were we subjected to such chants in Marseille, but just didn't realise it at the time?

I guess we'll never know, but it does seem rampant, I would be surprised if there weren't such chants directed towards us in the Europa League, and if there were, wouldn't UEFA have to step in?

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
You do realize that the Normans, were Norse men, not French? There is a clue in there, somewhere.

Oh, and Napoleon was of Italian heritage and was born in Corsica.
Not 100% accurate... Vikings intermarried with locals in northern France and created the hybrid Normans

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I agree with you Green Cross Code Man... there is a section of people on NSC who roll out the same old prejudiced cliches every time Liverpool (and Celtic for that matter) get mentioned. I've been to Anfield three times with Albion and got on well with the Scousers despite always wearing Brighton colours in the pubs and round the streets.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here