Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Markus Rosenberg

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Interesting stat:

Career total Rosenberg 363 apps, 112 goals (exactly 2 x Ashley Barnes Albion stats)
Leroy Lita 351 apps, 111 goals

Similar in that they both score 1 in 3, but slightly worryingly Rosenberg has 25 apps, 0 goals in the Prem, so has never scored in England. Still, at this level could probably score 1 in 3.

I would be interested to know his average minutes per appearance for WBA. I bet it's less than 10.

Just looking at the dry stat line doesn't give the full story ... like the Barnes stat you used when he's played left midfield for the last 2 years.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I would be interested to know his average minutes per appearance for WBA. I bet it's less than 10.

Just looking at the dry stat line doesn't give the full story ... like the Barnes stat you used when he's played left midfield for the last 2 years.

He's done so much better since being played up front so far this season....

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He's done so much better since being played up front so far this season....

We all know the varied opinions on Barnes on here, we don't need to do that one again, shirley. My point is merely that the stats for a forward on Goals Per game are not always a fair measure as they don't always play as the striker. Likewise in the case of Markus, I bet the vast majority of those WBA are late sub appearances, or League Cup games when the service he receives is from the youth team.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. When someone has played 300+ games and scored 100-odd goals then they're a 1 in 3 man. End of.

2. I doubt whether Barnes goals ratio is that different whether playing as striker or as midfielder, in the same way that I doubt whether Frank Lampard's goal ratio would improve if he played alongside Torres, rather than continuing to make runs from deep and scoring goals from midfield. The point is Barnes' ratio is identical to Lita and Rosenberg, although the latter has played most of his football at a higher level.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
1. When someone has played 300+ games and scored 100-odd goals then they're a 1 in 3 man. End of.

2. I doubt whether Barnes goals ratio is that different whether playing as striker or as midfielder, in the same way that I doubt whether Frank Lampard's goal ratio would improve if he played alongside Torres, rather than continuing to make runs from deep and scoring goals from midfield. The point is Barnes' ratio is identical to Lita and Rosenberg, although the latter has played most of his football at a higher level.

...and might therefore be expected to do a bit better than 1 in 3 with us (when he's match fit). I'd love it if he came to us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If or should that be if Rosenberg were to sign, it would yet again highlight a problem with DB's stance on Roar.

A la Lita, Rosenberg's situation hasn't changed since August, if anything it's got worse.
The Albion's situation has most definitely got worse.

So if DB has EVERY player on a data base, with all the intel anyone would ever need, on said player.
Why wait to bring them in?

We've been lead to believe only 'the' player will be signed.

Why do we still have an 'unfit' Lita when we needed him weeks (months) ago.
Why would we sign an 'unfit' Rosenberg now?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If or should that be if Rosenberg were to sign, it would yet again highlight a problem with DB's stance on Roar.

A la Lita, Rosenberg's situation hasn't changed since August, if anything it's got worse.

So if DB has EVERY player on a data base, with all the intel anyone would ever need, on said player.

Perhaps Rosenberg didn't want to drop to the championship until now or West Brom haven't previously wanted to let him go?

Also, Swansea may have dropped the % salary we need to pay to an acceptable level where as before it was out of our range?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

My understanding was that Lita did not want to drop a division and almost had to be pushed out of the door. Quite a few Championship clubs, apart from us tried to sign him so just MAYBE it wasn't the Albion dragging their feet :smile:

Oct 25, 2003
I feel like I was slightly cheated by Rami Shaaban as he wasn't aryan enough....so a proper blonde swede would be amazing

he IS blonde right?

Jimmy Grimble

I'm surprised no one has linked this with Barnes supposedly being off to Burnley.

Barnes OUT Rosenberg IN?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I feel like I was slightly cheated by Rami Shaaban as he wasn't aryan enough....so a proper blonde swede would be amazing

he IS blonde right?

_62069462_rosenberg.jpg

Blonde and handsome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here