Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Markus Rosenberg

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
From the Express and Star:

Markus Rosenburg: I want to quit West Brom

The 31-year-old striker hasn’t made the squad for the last two league games after being an unused substitute in the 1-1 draw against Arsenal.

Rosenberg slipped down the pecking order after the signings of Nicolas Anelka and Matej Vydra in the summer then the subsequent arrival of Victor Anichebe and Stephane Sessegnon on deadline day.

The collapse of Shane Long’s move to Hull and the stunning emergence of Saido Berahino has pushed the Swede even more to the margins.

Now he claims he is looking to leave The Hawthorns when the window opens on January 1.

“It’s been difficult – I’m 31 years old and have barely played in a year and a half,” said Rosenberg, who has played just 90 minutes in the Premier League this season across four games.

“I’m waiting for the window in January and see what opportunities are out there.

“I haven’t talked to any clubs but I want to play football. I’ve been patient, but now it’s getting too much.”

Asked if he has discussed the matter with head coach Steve Clarke, he said: “Not so much directly – more that I’ll get the chance but I’m not allowed.

“We have a big squad and he often chooses other players. He signed many strikers before the transfer window deadline so that’s made it difficult for me.

“I played and scored in pre-season and feel I could do more. We’ve played with two strikers this season but the strikers have still struggled to score.”

In the interview in his native Sweden, Rosenberg was asked if there was interest from his boyhood club Malmo.

“It’s hard to know, I haven’t talked to clubs yet,” he said. “The dream had been to complete the circle where it all began but it’s all about timing.”

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
And The Mirror....

West Bromwich striker Markus Rosenberg is reportedly considering quitting the club.

The 31-year-old, who has failed to score for the Baggies in 33 attempts, could leave the Hawthorns in the January transfer window.

The Swede is frustrated by his lack of opportunities under boss Steve Clarke.

Rosenberg, a former Ajax and Werder Bremen player, told the Daily Mail: "The manager says I will get a chance, but I never get it.

"I will wait until the transfer window in January and will see if I have got playing time by then."

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He has to be unfit and lacking match practice.....GREAT get him in. He will fit in perfectly!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
From the Express and Star:

Markus Rosenburg: I want to quit West Brom

The 31-year-old striker hasn’t made the squad for the last two league games after being an unused substitute in the 1-1 draw against Arsenal.

Rosenberg slipped down the pecking order after the signings of Nicolas Anelka and Matej Vydra in the summer then the subsequent arrival of Victor Anichebe and Stephane Sessegnon on deadline day.

The collapse of Shane Long’s move to Hull and the stunning emergence of Saido Berahino has pushed the Swede even more to the margins.

Now he claims he is looking to leave The Hawthorns when the window opens on January 1.

“It’s been difficult – I’m 31 years old and have barely played in a year and a half,” said Rosenberg, who has played just 90 minutes in the Premier League this season across four games.

“I’m waiting for the window in January and see what opportunities are out there.

“I haven’t talked to any clubs but I want to play football. I’ve been patient, but now it’s getting too much.”

Asked if he has discussed the matter with head coach Steve Clarke, he said: “Not so much directly – more that I’ll get the chance but I’m not allowed.

“We have a big squad and he often chooses other players. He signed many strikers before the transfer window deadline so that’s made it difficult for me.

“I played and scored in pre-season and feel I could do more. We’ve played with two strikers this season but the strikers have still struggled to score.”

In the interview in his native Sweden, Rosenberg was asked if there was interest from his boyhood club Malmo.

“It’s hard to know, I haven’t talked to clubs yet,” he said. “The dream had been to complete the circle where it all began but it’s all about timing.”

So we'll be getting him fit for someone else.

Didn't David Burke say that was an absolute no-no on Roar.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Seems unlikely based on the press reports that he or the Baggies are looking at a loan deal... unless of course Bozza has the inside track.

Yoda

English & European
Just been told by a work colleague, at the Amex today for a training course, that there is a player signing in the next hour, so there could be something in this.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Just been told by a work colleague, at the Amex today for a training course, that there is a player signing in the next hour, so there could be something in this.

Keep em peeled people.....

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
We did previously try to sign Rosenberg, but WBA came in for him and he chose them.

Could be something in this! Good player despite goal record at WBA. I suspect 90% of those appearances are as a late sub.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

The clock is ticking...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Interesting stat:

Career total Rosenberg 363 apps, 112 goals (exactly 2 x Ashley Barnes Albion stats)
Leroy Lita 351 apps, 111 goals

Similar in that they both score 1 in 3, but slightly worryingly Rosenberg has 25 apps, 0 goals in the Prem, so has never scored in England. Still, at this level could probably score 1 in 3.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

Yoda, you need to clarify if he means the autograph session!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here