Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Easy 10 said:
I remember Crumplins CORKING far-post header into the South goal v Leeds at the Goldstone in the 2-2 draw (I think it equalised Chapmans comical own goal that afternoon).

A bona-fide Albion LEGEND, and always will be.

Was that the game that Day (the Leeds keeper) got caught up in the net during his warm up?

Chapmans goal at home to Bournemouth to get the score back to 2-3, now that was a thunderbolt. Neil Moss knew nothing about it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
Bright sunshine in the first half at Cambridge and snowed at half time.

Went and watched Ringmer the other week and the Genius is certainly the shouting from the touchline manager, fairly colourful in his descriptions as well.

If you want to talk about players and bizare goals, nothing or nobody can touch Stuart Munday.

Whilst his goal as Leicester was a peach (and I was level with him in the stands as he shot :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: ) it was the header from the edge of the box against Southend where we ended up winning 3-2 the season before that stands out for me.

Although he did give away too many pens I seem to recall.

Uncle Buck said:
I think that was on Boxing Day 1992.

Crumps goals that stick in my mind was his Maradona impression at Cambridge in about April 1994 and that corner he took at Wrexham where he slipped taking it and it went straight.

Cause David Icke is off his bike, the silly sod thinks he is the son of god....

Does anyone remember his 25 yard curler in a friendly against recent (at the time) European Cup Winners Steau Bucharest? I thought we were in a parallel universe - unbelievable.

London Irish - do you remember that?

:lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
Was that the game that Day (the Leeds keeper) got caught up in the net during his warm up?

Chapmans goal at home to Bournemouth to get the score back to 2-3, now that was a thunderbolt. Neil Moss knew nothing about it.

Yup old Mervyn Day. I had the highlights to this game and its on Cornolios compilation DVD as well.

That leeds team had Mel Sterland, Vinnie Jones, Strachan, Gary MacAllister etc etc

Thats right didnt Macarthy get the equaliser against Bmuff?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Whilst his goal as Leicester was a peach (and I was level with him in the stands as he shot :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: ) it was the header from the edge of the box against Southend where we ended up winning 3-2 the season before that stands out for me.

Although he did give away too many pens I seem to recall.

The Leicester one, well everyone seemed to be screaming at him to pass the bloody thing.

That Southend winner wrecked the BISA planned protest against the board!!!

Also his overhead kick at St Andrews, I think we had been 2-0 down and that either got us back to 2-2 or might have got us in front. He did then give a penalty away in that game.

It all gets a bit blurry post 1995, beer started to play a bigger and bigger part in the match day experience and the football seemed until about 2000 to get worse and worse.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Chesney Christ 1 said:
Does anyone remember his 25 yard curler in a friendly against recent (at the time) European Cup Winners Steau Bucharest? I thought we were in a parallel universe - unbelievable.

London Irish - do you remember that?

Yeah old Clive Walker got a hatrick. We were 4-1 up at one point and they clawed it back to 4-4 before we won 5-4.

Blimey.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Yup old Mervyn Day. I had the highlights to this game and its on Cornolios compilation DVD as well.

That leeds team had Mel Sterland, Vinnie Jones, Strachan, Gary MacAllister etc etc

Thats right didnt Macarthy get the equaliser against Bmuff?

He got a header really late on, Neil Moss came for a cross from the left, flapped at it and in it went.

It was pissing down that day as well.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
He got a header really late on, Neil Moss came for a cross from the left, flapped at it and in it went.

It was pissing down that day as well.

But we went home happy :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just before kickoff wasn't it ?
He jumped up to touch the bar, got his foot caught in the net, and ended up in a heap on the floor with his boots tangled in the net above him. The lino had to come and help him out, and THEN he tried to blame the net for being too far forward
Classic

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Easy 10 said:
Just before kickoff wasn't it ?
He jumped up to touch the bar, got his foot caught in the net, and ended up in a heap on the floor with his boots tangled in the net above him. The lino had to come and help him out, and THEN he tried to blame the net for being too far forward
Classic

Yes he did because he was a twat

Mervyn Grey Mervyn Grey Mervyn Grey.

Just like that other goalkeeper John Burridge who used to do warm ups in goal.

Oh and also in that Leeds side was Chris Kamara as well.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Kurt Nogan revival anyone?

Brighton and Hove Albion - Leading Scorers Analysis 1993-1994

Goals 22
Games Played 41
Goals / Game Average 0.54

Total Games Scored In 17
Games Scored 1 Goals 13
Games Scored 2 Goals 3
Games Scored 3 Goals 1

Scoring Run (games) 4
Dry Spell (games) 4

Close Range 7
Inside 18 Yard Box 11
Outside 18 Yard Box 4

Shots 17
Headers 3
Volleys 1
Penalties 1
Free Kicks 0

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That Chappers own goal was pure genius too. I think it was the season Leeds went up? Anyway, we were all still celebrating taking the lead I think, when Chapman had all the time in the world to hoof it clear (standing one yard from the goal line in the middle of the goal) and sort of tripped over his shoelaces and tapped it in.

Cracking effort. :shootself

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Simster said:
That Chappers own goal was pure genius too. I think it was the season Leeds went up? Anyway, we were all still celebrating taking the lead I think, when Chapman had all the time in the world to hoof it clear (standing one yard from the goal line in the middle of the goal) and sort of tripped over his shoelaces and tapped it in.

Cracking effort. :shootself

Yep it even made what happened next on a question of sport that year as well. And saint and greavsie....

But as he has not got 44 fit professionals to choose from, he is walways prone to HAVING to play people out of position.

Jeexz - some people think we have got money

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here