Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Not the player...us! Thats what this board is for!

100% agree... thought the original post was trying to make a case for Leon's latest diatribe...

fourthteamtillidie said:
I think he was being ironic in that unwitty smug way that he does- To him Mayo as an anchoring centre mid looks inspired because Mayo scored.

So you think Mayo in midfield failed then? I think you would be in a vast minority on that. Even the usual anti-Magoo goons on this thread are queueing up to point out that Mayo was good in the position because that's where he started his career.

Uncle Buck said:
Back in your box.

We are talking about things pre-Withdean, which is not your area.

I know with this kind of stuff, ie. not talking about McGhee's tactics or selections, you have nothing more to say. Keep it up! :D

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
It's a mixed picture - he was poor at rightback at Luton but has been very consistent at centre-back. But needs must for us at the moment, and as sooner as fans realise that our current position requires McGhee at times to employ players in a variety of positions, then the happier they'll be as Albion fans.

OK... wasn't at Luton away, so can't comment on that particular game, but I have seen him play well at rb, and poorly at cb... I am happy to say he can play both positions well, and that makes him a great asset for a club like ours...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I agree Im a Magoo out goon.

But Ive always been an advocate of Kerrys wherever he has played.

He is 100% Albion like OGH.

What they lack in ability they make up in effort.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

That last point in itself is no bad thing as long as there are players with something a little bit special in flair terms to compliment them.

Going back to the pre-Withdean years, Crumplin used to give it his all and worked with what he had to turn into a useful player. But it is probably no coincidence that his best season for us was in 1990/91 when the team had players such as Barham, Walker, Codner, Byrne, Wilkins and to a lesser extent Robinson in it.

However a team packed with grafters is going to struggle at this level.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
So you think Mayo in midfield failed then? I think you would be in a vast minority on that. Even the usual anti-Magoo goons on this thread are queueing up to point out that Mayo was good in the position because that's where he started his career.

I thought he was no better than average at Saints... the sad fact is that his lack of pace was not exposed so badly in midfield as it would have been at lb... he only played at all becuase of our chronic shortage of central midfielders... hopefully, he won't play again this season, and certainly not at lb, where he WILL be trouinced by most wingers in this div...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

They do both give 100%, but Kerry is, sadly, out of his depth in this league...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
That last point in itself is no bad thing as long as there are players with something a little bit special in flair terms to compliment them.

Going back to the pre-Withdean years, Crumplin used to give it his all and worked with what he had to turn into a useful player. But it is probably no coincidence that his best season for us was in 1990/91 when the team had players such as Barham, Walker, Codner, Byrne, Wilkins and to a lesser extent Robinson in it.

However a team packed with grafters is going to struggle at this level.

Yup old Lloydy moved him from right winger to right back. Remember Geoff Cooper on the other wing?!!

Agreed you need a balance of flair and grafters at this level.

And Lloydy moved Keith Dublin from ineffective left back to Centre Back as well :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
MM is not perfect and has made big selection and tactical errors, but I will support him 100% while he is our manager... he has made good signings and bad signings... which manager doesn't?...

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Yup old Lloydy moved him from right winger to right back. Remember Geoff Cooper on the other wing?!!

Agreed you need a balance of flair and grafters at this level.

That afternoon of Crumps having John Barnes in his pocket.

To be fair to Crumplin, when we got relegated, the following season he was moved back to the right of midfield with Chivers at right back and at that level he looked very good. Had a fantastic cross on him, could do worse than get him in once a week to do some crossing work with a few of our players.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thats spot on Uncle Buck, hope you have a great and prosperous 2006

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
That afternoon of Crumps having John Barnes in his pocket.

To be fair to Crumplin, when we got relegated, the following season he was moved back to the right of midfield with Chivers at right back and at that level he looked very good. Had a fantastic cross on him, could do worse than get him in once a week to do some crossing work with a few of our players.

Yup our French wingers could do with a bit of his knowledge. After all Mahoo cant coach our glut of forwards where the goal is.

Remember his 20 yarder against Burnley? f***ing rocket it was.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Yup our French wingers could do with a bit of his knowledge. After all Mahoo cant coach our glut of forwards where the goal is.

Remember his 20 yarder against Burnley? f***ing rocket it was.

I think that was on Boxing Day 1992.

Crumps goals that stick in my mind was his Maradona impression at Cambridge in about April 1994 and that corner he took at Wrexham where he slipped taking it and it went straight.

Cause David Icke is off his bike, the silly sod thinks he is the son of god....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
I think that was on Boxing Day 1992.

Crumps goals that stick in my mind was his Maradona impression at Cambridge in about April 1994 and that corner he took at Wrexham where he slipped taking it and it went straight.

Cause David Icke is off his bike, the silly sod thinks he is the son of god....

Oh god the 'handball' I remember that!!! Didnt it snow for awhile so they had to dig out the orange ball.

Wasnt at Wrexham but saw the "goal" on the tele.

The son of god in a purple tracksuit oh david icke is off his bike.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Oh god the 'handball' I remember that!!! Didnt it snow for awhile so they had to dig out the orange ball.

Wasnt at Wrexham but saw the "goal" on the tele.

The son of god in a purple tracksuit oh david icke is off his bike.

Bright sunshine in the first half at Cambridge and snowed at half time.

Went and watched Ringmer the other week and the Genius is certainly the shouting from the touchline manager, fairly colourful in his descriptions as well.

If you want to talk about players and bizare goals, nothing or nobody can touch Stuart Munday.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I remember Crumplins CORKING far-post header into the South goal v Leeds at the Goldstone in the 2-2 draw (I think it equalised Chapmans comical own goal that afternoon).

A bona-fide Albion LEGEND, and always will be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here