Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Marc Cucurella

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Must admit I wasn’t 100% comfortable with the abuse he got in that game but unfortunately for him he was somehow dragged into the anti-Potter, anti-Chelsea fervour. By bringing in an inflated £62m to the club he actually did us quite a favour.
He done us a huge favour, we upgraded 100%, in the left back position and manager.
He treated us with contempt IMO, deserved every bit of abuse he got.
There’s ways you move on from a club, see MacAllister.
There’s ways you don’t, see Trossard and Whocurella

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I wonder if we have a sell on clause….
Wouldn’t be much use, a vast majority of sell on clauses only apply to the profit made on a player. If Chelsea manage to make anything other than a huge loss on Cucurella I’ll be very surprised.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
From memory when he came off wasn’t he near the half way line in front of the east stand, I don’t know why he didn’t head towards the south

Because he got more shit from the Chelsea fans than he did from ours even after the way he left. 😆

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
For some deals the fee also takes into account bad wages/contract. If a player is on huge wages (and bonuses) and you have to match the deal for him to agree the move, he’s worth less than if he’s coming all fresh and eager to triple his wages with you but still earn less than his current Chelsea deal. Over 6 years it adds up.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I think he needs a combination of good coaching AND a good dressing room to succeed. Chelsea is rotten to the core, it's no surprise he had a shit season.

If he goes to Newcastle I think he'll thrive.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He had an amazing season for us. It's just a shame he once drove past Stamford Bridge on his way home from the big Tesco in Hove and decided that's where his future belongs.
via Manchester.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I sometimes wonder if Cucu actually had as good as season here as we think he did or if it just looked like it given left-back has been something of a lacklustre position since...Wayne Bridge?

Genuinely can't really remember our left backs over the last ten years. Bridge, obvs. We've Dan Burn kinda being a left back. Solly March kinda being a left back. Bernardo. Montoya. Rosenior? Was he a left back? Bong. Liam Ridgewell.

It's hardly been a glamorous position for us. A bit of flair and fluffy hair and we came across all thunderstruck.

Note - I'm mostly joking, he definitely had a good year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Must admit I wasn’t 100% comfortable with the abuse he got in that game but unfortunately for him he was somehow dragged into the anti-Potter, anti-Chelsea fervour. By bringing in an inflated £62m to the club he actually did us quite a favour.
Bearing in mind I was booooooooing the oppositions goal keeping coach throughout halftime, Cucurella wasn't going to get away with it.

Even if there was the slightest chance he (they) might have a more respectful afternoon, they all got shat upon by The Todd classlessly coming back for Losestanley in the run up to the game.

Wayda go Todd.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
To be honest, I was the other way around.

I get the anti-Chelsea piece, but I was never that big on the anti-Potter stuff. He left quickly, didn't kick up a fuss and his staff took up the same offer. He didn't down tools, he didn't disappear to Spain (or Stoke in his case), he didn't make any statements about dreaming to go to Chelsea since he first drove past the fabled Bridge as a mod-haircutted youngster in the 90s... Chelsea just paid the fee and he left.

Cucurella behaved like a brat to force a transfer before any fee was agreed, first to City and then to Chelsea. If you listen to Barber, the whole Potter exit was conducted amicably and in a extremely professional manner. The club are still largely complimentary about Potter and his overall contribution and conduct.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea

IMG_4031.png

Thought he loved his hair. Suprised to see it different…

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I sometimes wonder if Cucu actually had as good as season here as we think he did or if it just looked like it given left-back has been something of a lacklustre position since...Wayne Bridge?

Genuinely can't really remember our left backs over the last ten years. Bridge, obvs. We've Dan Burn kinda being a left back. Solly March kinda being a left back. Bernardo. Montoya. Rosenior? Was he a left back? Bong. Liam Ridgewell.

It's hardly been a glamorous position for us. A bit of flair and fluffy hair and we came across all thunderstruck.

Note - I'm mostly joking, he definitely had a good year.
Was it my imagination or did I see yesterday that some reckon Estupinan is the best left back in the world?
Ben‘s Grandad would be pleased!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here