Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Marc Cucurella

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
its odd they are all over his 1 on 1 defending, I swear he never came 2nd in any duels for us.

His defending was outstanding for us, he just didnt have a bad game for us
Seems an odd scapegoat, he was their best player first half. Fell apart 2nd. Seems the media need a boo-boy as well.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm not surprised one jot he's finding it harder at Chelsea,he was fantastic for us because we had other players willing to full in the gaps he left on runs forward, that's because we're a team, Chelsea seem to be a gathering of ridiculously overpriced individuals who are present have not learned anything Potter is obviously trying to teach.

And long may that continue.
This is why Chelsea is such a bad fit for all but those with the thickest of skins. It's just a hot angry mess of ego, impatience and entitlement. Potter's current troubles are no surprise and given Cucurella's capitulation at Amex his demise is also not that unexpected.

The Albion just seems to be a healthier environment for both managers and players to excel and fulfil their potential. A lesson that our current crop of players should do well to remember. When they do inevitably move on they should do so with patience and deliberation rather than greedy haste.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Seems an odd scapegoat, he was their best player first half. Fell apart 2nd. Seems the media need a boo-boy as well.
I agree about the first half. BUT when you're specifically targeted and when the opposition then create chance after chance for the twenty minutes you are kept on, and they score, that's a serious worry, especially if you're the most expensive FB in football or whatever he is. He's desperately out of form. As a poster said above, he was barely beaten once whilst here.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Indeed and if I was going to choose a scapegoat it would have been the weak wristed indecisive keeper. No doubts Sanchez would have got the blame if that goal was against us imo

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
its odd they are all over his 1 on 1 defending, I swear he never came 2nd in any duels for us.

His defending was outstanding for us, he just didnt have a bad game for us
Yeah this.

I always felt his attacking skills were overrated, but defensively he was superb for us.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I just think he's let himself go a bit after his new single, Yes I'm The Great Defender didn't exactly top the charts, tugging the shirt can have its pitfalls, he will knuckle down in a few years when his next project pops up,plus he's absolutely minted so couldn't care less basically.
afro black hair GIF

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is why Chelsea is such a bad fit for all but those with the thickest of skins. It's just a hot angry mess of ego, impatience and entitlement. Potter's current troubles are no surprise and given Cucurella's capitulation at Amex his demise is also not that unexpected.

The Albion just seems to be a healthier environment for both managers and players to excel and fulfil their potential. A lesson that our current crop of players should do well to remember. When they do inevitably move on they should do so with patience and deliberation rather than greedy haste.
Apropos of nothing, on the pitch and when interviewed, two of Chelsea's previously most tumescent of sulky entitled nobbers, Havertz and Ziyesh, appear to be deporting themselves with considerably more humility and team-memberliness than before the present manager arrived.

Last edited:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I agree about the first half. BUT when you're specifically targeted and when the opposition then create chance after chance for the twenty minutes you are kept on, and they score, that's a serious worry, especially if you're the most expensive FB in football or whatever he is. He's desperately out of form. As a poster said above, he was barely beaten once whilst here.
That's true, but when a defender is specifically targetted, it's up to the rest of the defence/coaches/team to do something about it, to reorganize,to double up, to reduce that pressure. 'Teamwork, Grommit!' 👍

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here