[Football] Marc Cucurella

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
An odd signing for any "big" team. I mean he did have a wonderful season for us but to pay £60m for a player with just one season under his belt in the Premier League really was a touch odd, almost a bit Virgo/Strachan-esc (which was laughable also at the time but down to mates rates). Anyway, he's giving us a good laugh and really, when he's tucked up in bed i imgine he must chuckle to himself about how much he's earning while still playing like a 3 legged poodle.

Ran a campaign to depart through a twitter mouthpiece and handed in a transfer request when bound by a fixed term contract, when he didn’t need to do … TB is fine with any employee moving on and wishes them well. He doesn’t use the jailor tactics of Levy or Parish.

Cucu read the room wrong, he was disrespectful.
This. He'll get a good earful again when we play them later this season.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I wouldn't have Bissouma or Cucurella back anymore. Biss, because his head had gone before he left and we play in a way where his skills are less required. Cucu because he's an ungrateful greedy overrated twat and all the while we have an excellent LB, it's actually more enjoyable watching him make a mess of his career at Chelsea.
Agree. The only one I'd have back would be Ben White, yet a few here were saying he was only our third best CB.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018

Blimey. Pundits and callers saying similar on TalkSport last night. When he was here he said some things that suggested he might not be finding it easy to settle in England and we've all seen how emotionally he reacts to both feeling loved by fans and feeling like he's their target. If he comes back from all this it'll be incredible resilience that'll set up the rest of his career, but you have to wonder if he can do it or if he'll look back at that season at Brighton and goal against Man Utd as the highlight of his career.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
An odd signing for any "big" team. I mean he did have a wonderful season for us but to pay £60m for a player with just one season under his belt in the Premier League really was a touch odd, almost a bit Virgo/Strachan-esc (which was laughable also at the time but down to mates rates). Anyway, he's giving us a good laugh and really, when he's tucked up in bed i imgine he must chuckle to himself about how much he's earning while still playing like a 3 legged poodle.
Chelsea’s new hierarchy are 100% culpable. Cucurella and his advisors are culpable. Chelsea is a grotesquely entitled shitshow.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I'm not surprised one jot he's finding it harder at Chelsea,he was fantastic for us because we had other players willing to full in the gaps he left on runs forward, that's because we're a team, Chelsea seem to be a gathering of ridiculously overpriced individuals who are present have not learned anything Potter is obviously trying to teach.

And long may that continue.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If he pushed for the move all along then he will have to live with himself, alternatively if he was cajoled and badly advised by his agent and Potter I actually have a little sympathy for him.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'm not surprised one jot he's finding it harder at Chelsea,he was fantastic for us because we had other players willing to full in the gaps he left on runs forward, that's because we're a team, Chelsea seem to be a gathering of ridiculously overpriced individuals who are present have not learned anything Potter is obviously trying to teach.

And long may that continue.
Good point - Cucurella is having to play next to Koulibaly, who is having a bit of a nightmare, with the likes of Kovacic and Pulisic ahead of him. They just don’t seem interested in helping out. Having said that, he’s still a long way short of a £60m player. City were possibly right not to go above circa £30m

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If he pushed for the move all along then he will have to live with himself, alternatively if he was cajoled and badly advised by his agent and Potter I actually have a little sympathy for him.
He won’t care one bit, it’s BHA tinted glasses to think any different, to go from us to a global brand like Chelsea. Doubt he regrets anything, and even had he had a crystal ball I’m sure he’d take the exact same option.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I feel sorry for the man. I wouldn't want to have to deal with that kind of pressure, in a foreign country. I take no joy in seeing him react the way he has - he's struggling mentally, it's clear. But I recognize that he's made a rod for his own back and he handled the move pretty poorly it seems. We make our choices as adults.

I am delighted that Chelsea are struggling and that we took £62m off them. And they don't seem to learn judging by their actions in this window.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
£62m starting to look like such a steal someone's going to have to run off to Brazil to escape the law

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports