Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Marc Cucurella

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
A loss to Newcastle at the weekend will add a huge amount of pressure on him and will surely take its toll on team confidence.
I'm trying not to gloat too much, but it's more than a little amusing to see him losing games.
I dislike Newcastle as much as Chelsea but I'll be hoping for a magpies win at the weekend.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
In my view the key element in this is the players; if he loses the players, he’s toast
You mean something like this:
BB79A8EB-4851-42C4-B66E-07466B7C5241.jpeg

Insecure manager looks on as player walks straight past him :lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't think you can under-estimate the mental toll on Cucurella, Potter and the Chelsea squad of the Amex horror show 2 weeks ago.

I also think that Chelsea fans are feeling the pressure. The loss of Abramovich marks the end of an era. Abramovich usually went for big name managers and had zero tolerance for failure, and this has created an air of entitlement and intolerance for Chelsea fans. I think the arrival of Newcastle and their megarich board as a Prem force has them rattled too.

I am surprised at the how quickly the Chelsea fans have turned against Potter and a number of their players. There is not much wrong that the return of Reece James and a January signing or two can't put right, while they still have players that can produce a solo goal out of nothing, i.e. Havertz recent winner vs Red Bull Salzburg.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I don't think you can under-estimate the mental toll on Cucurella, Potter and the Chelsea squad of the Amex horror show 2 weeks ago.

I also think that Chelsea fans are feeling the pressure. The loss of Abramovich marks the end of an era. Abramovich usually went for big name managers and had zero tolerance for failure, and this has created an air of entitlement and intolerance for Chelsea fans. I think the arrival of Newcastle and their megarich board as a Prem force has them rattled too.

I am surprised at the how quickly the Chelsea fans have turned against Potter and a number of their players. There is not much wrong that the return of Reece James and a January signing or two can't put right, while they still have players that can produce a solo goal out of nothing, i.e. Havertz recent winner vs Red Bull Salzburg.
Under or over estimate?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
He was going to refuse the call up on principle is what I heard. Perhaps the manager got wind (of that)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Wasn’t really a case of turning against him from what I’ve read - more that a significant number never accepted him in the first place due to his lack of experience at a ‘big club’ and lack of trophies, and were (like a few on here when he arrived perhaps) just gagging for a bad performance or two to lay into him and prove they were right. Definitely down to the entitlement and intolerance as you say though.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Potter’s become a massive prick lately, his latest statement about having an easy life here was down to TB’s patience not because he was overly successful. Two home games won in a year, not winning for half a season managers have been sacked for a lot less.
Interesting that having been waterboarded down here with his current team he chose to try and make a catty point about his ambition by attempting to throw Brighton under the bus. He literally could have chosen any other analogy to make the same point. Retire, Long walks with the dog, playing golf etc. All, ironically, things he may get to do before February.

What's another phrase for 'existing In a squat, inside ones cranium'?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Someone made the point the other day - and I’m sure it’s not just me seeing what I want to see, but Cucu has become a typical Chelski twunt very quickly… I think it’s true. Moans at the ref all the time and just seems entitled - same with Potter and his comments on the Albion fans. I swear it’s a thing… cuntitus as soon as you move there?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Someone made the point the other day - and I’m sure it’s not just me seeing what I want to see, but Cucu has become a typical Chelski twunt very quickly… I think it’s true. Moans at the ref all the time and just seems entitled - same with Potter and his comments on the Albion fans. I swear it’s a thing… cuntitus as soon as you move there?
Certainly a change in demeanour from his time here, where he seemed to play with a beaming smile on his face most of the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here