Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella - Would you want him back?

Would you want Cucurella back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He is an excellent left back / wing back. It obviously went to hell at Chelsea this season, because they were atrocious. But that doesn't take anything away from how good Cucurella was for us. I think in our set up he would thrive again. But he isn't what we need in this summer window, if a late loan deal can be done on good terms and we haven't been able to bring in a left back to cover Pervis then I would be all for it.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He kissed the badge, swore his undying love for the Albion, Brighton and fans … then f***** off to Chelsea.

How could we ever trust him again?

(although he might be a decent option from the bench)

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I get the negative reaction to this question, but I reckon that a) he'd be decent back-up to Estupinan and b) it might be useful to have him around the place saying "it was awful there, I made such a big mistake, I wish I'd never left" in front of all our wonderkids.
This, plus
c) Can cover LCB too.

I don't think it would happen, but in the unlikely event it did happen, I'd greet the news positively.

Let's face it, it would be a massive climb down for him to go back to a Brighton-level wage and for Chelsea to sell back to us for a realistic fee that we'd pay (£15-20m?).

I'd quite like to see what RdZ could do with him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What is it about posters on here always wanting players to come back?

My reply is very definately no, he performed bwell for us at the time, but we as a club have moved on markedly since he left. We are a completely different team now, and his replacement is a much better player.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
The Simpsons Burn Bridge GIF

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I would if he wanted to come back. He’s good going forward and while I don’t rate him as a tackler, he had an almost clairvoyant ability to intercept.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In football, if you cross a line there is no way back. And Cucurella has crossed that line.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No, what is the obsession with having old players back??? f*** him!
It seems hard to believe Albion fans have absolutely no imagination - yet here we are again.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
So many players excel in a club our size and fail at the bigger hurdle. Maybe Macalister will he gets away with losing the ball in midfield for us he won’t at Liverpool aka Villa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here