Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella - Would you want him back?

Would you want Cucurella back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We literally have no back-up for Estupinan other than Groß (who can play almost anywhere).

On that basis, I’m in. I could forgive and forget but he’d need to do some public ‘explaining’.

I’d take him back for the the price we paid for him originally. £15m or so.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's not even a hypothetical question worth asking because there are no circumstances where it might happen. Well, unless Pervis was unhappy, wanted out and we were offered silly money for him. But even then, why would we go after Cucurella?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So many players excel in a club our size and fail at the bigger hurdle. Maybe Macalister will he gets away with losing the ball in midfield for us he won’t at Liverpool aka Villa.
Hate to be a negative ninny (no, seriously I do from time to time, honest) but the player's finishing has been known on occasion to be a bit, well, wonky :lol:

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Hate to be a negative ninny (no, seriously I do from time to time, honest) but the player's finishing has been known on occasion to be a bit, well, wonky :lol:
I hear what you are saying: Needs another season or two under Potter to coach that to perfection. Good point, well made.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
We literally have no back-up for Estupinan other than Groß (who can play almost anywhere).

On that basis, I’m in. I could forgive and forget but he’d need to do some public ‘explaining’.

I agree with the general sentiment of this thread. However this is a sensible response.

We are going to need a much bigger squad next season to cope with all of the extra games. If the price is right (in terms of both fee and wages), than it might be a sensible option.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's not even a hypothetical question worth asking because there are no circumstances where it might happen. Well, unless Pervis was unhappy, wanted out and we were offered silly money for him. But even then, why would we go after Cucurella?
Cucurella is on silly money too. He can just refuse to leave unless the money offered to him is anywhere close. The transfer fee is almost irrelevant on this one because he probably has 4 or 5 years left at £7m per year or whatever it is.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
He was good in Brighton Team, he was rubbish against us at the Amex but a decision for Tony and his team. Buy him back for a pittance. Get his confidence back and playing well again. Turn him back into a £50m player to keep or resell.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
To be honest I think enough damage has been done that we wont see him back at the Albion.

Im pleased we are now back to a level where we can talk about signing players who used to play for us again. its been a good few seasons since we had calls for Bring them back.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Patience! the transfer window isn't even open yet. By the time the summer is over we could well have signed a Pervis number two . . . but rest assured it won't be Cucu.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Some people would take their wives/girlfriends back after they’d cheated on them with half the local rugby team.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why? Just so that he could naff off at the earliest opportunity that a 'better' offer came along again?

Nope. Poundland Sideshow Bob can do one.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
What is it about posters on here always wanting players to come back?

My reply is very definately no, he performed bwell for us at the time, but we as a club have moved on markedly since he left. We are a completely different team now, and his replacement is a much better player.
It's not 2006 any more. The players who have left us recently (Bissouma, Cucurella, Trossard) are fantastic footballers at the top end of the game. They've not even been gone a year yet, "we as a club have moved on markedly since he left". I wouldn't say that's true for any of them, we're very much the same club but the team has been improved by a better manager and playing style. If you're seriously telling me that you don't think Cucurella, Bissouma and Trossard (to name 3) wouldn't be excellent in this team then I think you've got former-player bias as much as those who would take those players back.

The game isn't awash with top quality left backs, Cucurella and Chilwell at Chelsea are both fantastic players and a proper manager will get a real tune out of both next season. I have no doubt at all that Cucurella will play 30/40 games next season because Chilwell is as reliable as Reece James on the other side.

MagicRich

Oct 30, 2022
Yes definitely!!!

We need a bigger team that can be trusted to do the job for us. He would be a great back up Estupinan. If Cucurella didn't go and chase the cash then we wouldn't have bought the awesome Ecuadorian. But having Cucurella it would definitely improved the squad. Let's not get carried away and start hating people who want to better themselves. We're a fantastic club, if one of our top players leave and then wants to come back, we have to see as a great complement. Next season we need a much bigger team. Theres the Palace Scum waiting on the sidelines waiting for us to f*** up, lets not let them have the satisfaction 😁

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Why is he? Because he wanted to better himself 🤔
More the way he went about it after one season playing for a club that gave him his PL debut. As it worked out he went too early and has gone backwards apart from the financial aspect of course.
I dont think he expected to get hung out to dry by Potter either. Maybe those two deserve each other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here