Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella - Would you want him back?

Would you want Cucurella back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
All footballers are. They are employees not fans of the club.
Yes of course to a degree. He just seems the sort who would go any club that pays him the most without consideration of anything else (such as standard/competition/playing time/development/location etc). I don’t think there are that many complete mercenaries around.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
We literally have no back-up for Estupinan other than Groß (who can play almost anywhere).

On that basis, I’m in. I could forgive and forget but he’d need to do some public ‘explaining’.

I’d take him back for the the price we paid for him originally. £15m or so.
'I left for much bigger wages and the chance to play in the CL and to hopefully compete for trophies. Most footballers offered a similar opportunity would take up the offer to do so.' As much as I loved my time at Brighton they were only my employers and I don't have any loyalty to them, but when I played for them I gave absolutely everything.'

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Nope, feck him!

Also helps that we've replaced with better.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
Yes of course to a degree. He just seems the sort who would go any club that pays him the most without consideration of anything else (such as standard/competition/playing time/development/location etc). I don’t think there are that many complete mercenaries around.
How do you deduce this?

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
Just a view from seeing his behaviour when Man City and then Chelsea became interested. No more and no less than that.
Didn't they come in for him after the season had finished? He played in the last game of the season when we beat West Ham and I thought he played well. So surely after that we didn't see him again (unless you live on Shoreham Beach).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We couldn’t afford his wages, no way he’d come back after being reduced to a quivering wreck by Solly and then seen off by NS to the loudest ‘wanker’ chants we’ve heard at the Amex and we’ve already upgraded.

Big fat no.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A decent player who can cover both LB and LCB. If he wasn't an ex player then I would happily see him sign. We shouldn't hold his ambition against him, he could add to our squad and be a useful addition

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If he came back and had a good season, he’d do exactly the same in summer 2024 as he did in 2022

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
No. Absolutely not.

We moved on to a better replacement and European football.

He moved on to line his pockets.

No going back here.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
He might drive by the Amex and say to his family, 'look at that stadium, I'd love to play there .
However the answer to the OP is, no thanks.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No. Loved him for that season. But we banked and moved on. Not sure he’d get in team now anyway.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would if he wanted to come back. He’s good going forward and while I don’t rate him as a tackler, he had an almost clairvoyant ability to intercept.
Absolute shit at crossing the ball though

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
If he came back and had a good season, he’d do exactly the same in summer 2024 as he did in 2022
And your point is? That's our business model as you could be sure we would sell for more in 2024 than we paid in 2023.

Whether or not a player hands in a transfer request the buying club ('a big club'), are likely to get the player. I have no issue with Cucurella or anyone else using us a springboard. The fact his played out in public is a shame, but you can bet it happens behind closed doors more than we think.

A lot of people on here are going to get continually annoyed and have unnecessary dislike of players wanting to better themselves. Chelsea's failure this year has nothing to do with the fact they were in the Champions League, had a top class manager, etc etc. It was/still could be a fantastic move him.

I just don't see why people work themselves up over this stuff when it's possible your current, or next favourite player might do the same. I'd prefer to remember that they were excellent players for us, hence getting a move and are just doing what 99.99% of all players would do given what moving to a club the size of Chelsea can bring.

As it happens, of course he's not coming back. Not sure why anyone, including me are bothering.

Sorry A1X, most of that is directed at the thread and not you.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Do you also believe in Father Christmas, God, and the tooth fairy then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here