Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella - Would you want him back?

Would you want Cucurella back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Throw him in to sweeten the Colwill deal.

35m and we'll take Cucurella off your hands.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I think if he wanted to come back it'd take such an astronomically enormous weight of balls and swallowing of pride that maybe some of those who dislike him now might see him differently. For him to admit he'd got it wrong and know how much repairing he'd have to do wouldn't be taking the easy option at all, and there's a lot of credit in that. (I don't think he will come back though, or that we'd sign him.)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Interesting,my first thought was I'd rather have my nuts shaved with a turtle shell than have him back but having slept on it I can safely say no thanks Crystal Tips keep rolling in all that lovely dirty money you deserve each other.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Absolute shit at crossing the ball though

Often, but I like to think he could be taught. If not to cross, then to get to the line and cut back. It’s all moot really, I can’t see us being his preferred destination if leaving Chelsea, I suspect he’ll leave the Premier League for a league where there’s a bit less heat on him.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I still recall ‘that’ over emotional celebration, the tears, the clutching at the badge… the joyful realisation that he’d put himself front and centre in our shop window… I reckon he was on the phone with his agent about an hour after the game.

After that we got the returning to preseason training vids… he was already sulking, he had the guilty look of a man who thought he’d be gone by then… or shortly thereafter… he’d been talking Man City, dream moves and expected it to be a formality, then came the stroppy flouncey transfer request…

Plain and simple out first genuine mercenary, set a precedent that Trossard then followed…

Really, he proved himself an utter weasel.

So, yeah, it’s a hell freezes over moment for me.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I still recall ‘that’ over emotional celebration, the tears, the clutching at the badge… the joyful realisation that he’d put himself front and centre in our shop window… I reckon he was on the phone with his agent about an hour after the game.

After that we got the returning to preseason training vids… he was already sulking, he had the guilty look of a man who thought he’d be gone by then… or shortly thereafter… he’d been talking Man City, dream moves and expected it to be a formality, then came the stroppy flouncey transfer request…

Plain and simple out first genuine mercenary, set a precedent that Trossard then followed…

Really, he proved himself an utter weasel.

So, yeah, it’s a hell freezes over moment for me.

Not really 'proven' though is it. More like evidence that we all used to fit the narrative and then decided was gospel.

I know I should pick up my pitch form and torch and join in but what if there is a different truth to what happened?

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Didn't he sign a six year deal at Chelsea? They'll struggle to move him on for anywhere near what they paid for him and given how far his stock has fallen, I can't imagine a club paying him anywhere near what he's getting now.

Could easily end up warming the bench there for a couple of seasons while picking up silly money.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
And isn't he on something north of 150k a week?
I’m sure I’d seen £175k referenced and a 6 year deal so total wages in the ball park of what they paid for him.

He will tread water and play a few cup games for a couple of years I reckon

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
"Don't mess with my Cucu,
Don't mess with my Cucu,
I know you have yourself another woman,
So don't mess with my Cucu"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here