Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Lamptey, Karbo, March and Cucurella? as WBs with BDB and Veltman being able to play there as well as CB. Dunk, Webster, BDB, Veltman and maybe Ostigard in the middle would be a pretty good defence I reckon. That's not even including White as we've not accepted an offer yet apparently.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm not convinced that Potter would want to confine either Cucurella or Solly to the left wing back role. He likes multi-dimensional/positional players, but I suppose an important question to ask -- one repeated on NSC -- is can he play left back?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lamptey, Karbo, March and Cucurella? as WBs with BDB and Veltman being able to play there as well as CB. Dunk, Webster, BDB, Veltman and maybe Ostigard in the middle would be a pretty good defence I reckon. That's not even including White as we've not accepted an offer yet apparently.

More players than palace's entire squad.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
From his videos you could see him playing on the left of a midfield two. He and Enock are insane pressers.
He was an LB at Barca.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
2.8m followers.

“Brighton is serious”

[tweet]1414864675431387136[/tweet]

This is the equivalent of The Guardian or The Independent in terms of readership but focussed solely on football. I think this is probably going to happen.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think Burn might off. Seems mad but...

That is mad.

I think Potter likes a stock of 5 centre backs minimum with at least 3 able to play at wing back or defensive midfield. If we are losing White, that’d just leave us Dunk, Veltman & Webster plus the likes of Van Hecke, Dendoncker or Østigård who have no EPL experience. There was a point last season when March, Lamptey, Veltman & Burn were out, this was problematic for the manager.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This is the equivalent of The Guardian or The Independent in terms of readership but focussed solely on football. I think this is probably going to happen.
We always get gazumped. Agent once again has made this public to fish out bigger clubs. Infuriating but you can't really blame them I guess.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
We always get gazumped. Agent once again has made this public to fish out bigger clubs. Infuriating but you can't really blame them I guess.

Bit of an overexaggeration. It's happened a few times, perhaps more than we'd like, but it's not something that happens ALL the time. Generally I think we get most deals what we really want completed. If we've backed out at a certain point, it's probably because it's no longer gold value for us.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Word is the player is keen to join us. All speculation of course until you see the official announcement.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

We were not gazumped for Mwepu - despite twitter mischief claiming attempts - so doesn't always happen.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I think Burn might off. Seems mad but...

I’d see him as a regular bench player and fulfilling the Duffy (extra height in closing a game out) role. Maybe that’s good enough for him based on contract terms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Veltman, Welbeck, Lamptey, Webster, Moder, Mwepu - anyone would think if interest is confirmed by club in a player - we never end up signing them . It happens but hardly ever.
Pritchard was over 5 years ago now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Glanced through this thread before, but can someone let me know are there any opinions from Getafe fans or pundits on how good he is pls?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Glanced through this thread before, but can someone let me know are there any opinions from Getafe fans or pundits on how good he is pls?

Can't you just wait until after Claudia's other half has played 20 minutes against Worthing, before you form an unshakeable opinion that you'll hold onto throughout his entire career with the Albion?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here