[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Looks a very very good player, although I feel a bit for Solly here

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2 players for every position.

BDB is who you should feel sorry for, Solly and Claudia's husband will get plenty of game time in rotation.
As will Lamptey and Veltman.

In an ideal, injury free, season BDB will have his hours cut right back.

Still we'll always have Man City.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I believe the player is with the Spanish Olympic squad atm, so unlikely he will sign for anyone for a little while

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The Olynpics don't finish until early August.
Players involved will be signing for clubs in the meantime.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
As it stands he has to take the shirt from Solly.
Just remember how good he was last season and that was with no competition.

Hope we get this one over the line and I am a massive fan of Solly.

Eh? Solly hasn’t played a game for 6 months! It’s hardly his shirt by rights? Normally after a serious injury lay-off a player has to earn his way back in the team - I reckon if we sign this lad him and Solly are evenly competing for the spot. No favourite there

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Eh? Solly hasn’t played a game for 6 months! It’s hardly his shirt by rights? Normally after a serious injury lay-off a player has to earn his way back in the team - I reckon if we sign this lad him and Solly are evenly competing for the spot. No favourite there

Solly proven he can do it in the Premier league.
His shirt to lose.

No way is it a coin flip between the two, for the spot at Burnley.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Profoundly two footed.

Bags and bags of pace.

https://youtu.be/HvKRSKGbhbQ

Not so good at shooting.

Textbook Potter signing.

Needs to work on his diving, he will get shown up massively in a league of Kane, Grealish, Salah and Zaha unless he improves. Keep him away from Connolly!

Loves a tackle too. Hope we get this over the line, looks made for a Potter wing back role.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Ready made song, easy for all to remember without Big words on the screen, just sing him up.

La Cuccaracha ( insert lots of jumping around )

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Dan Burn might miss out at LWB with such a good signing and the excellent Solly March fit, but will get plenty of time at CB in a back three over a season. He’d also have every chance to beat out either LWB for those handful of games we want to predominantly play a back four. As a left back especially when expecting a backs to the wall match, he could even be the favourite for the position.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
With that argument you have to say the same about Dan Burn then?
I somehow don’t think if we sign this fella he’s going to be third choice on the left

A great many players struggle adapting to the physicality of the Premier league.
Making the assumption that a decent looking Spanish wing-back waltzes in past Solly is mis-judged IMO.

We have signed this player to compete with Solly, absolutely we have.
But at this moment in time, he has to prove himself at this level, not the other way around.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
A great many players struggle adapting to the physicality of the Premier league.
Making the assumption that a decent looking Spanish wing-back waltzes in past Solly is mis-judged IMO.

We have signed this player to compete with Solly, absolutely we have.
But at this moment in time, he has to prove himself at this level, not the other way around.

Absolutely. Its competition for sure, however if we get this deal done I think its clearly with the thoughts that he would jump ahead of Solly if it works out as planned and shows up as expected.
No guarantees though, and I for one will never be sad to see Solly as our left wing back.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
T'is funny.

I think everyone on NSC has been desperate to sing a left (wing) back and now DESPITE STILL NOT SINGING ONE, NSC has split into factions about usage of a left (wing) back who hasn't even joined the club.

A club I might add that lost both it's first choice full backs for over half of last season.

You guys!!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Has all the hallmarks of a typical Albion-type deal about it at this point..........young, high potential, 'reasonable' buy-out clause etc. Looks a great talent. Loads of social media noise coming out of Spain on this so appears to have at last a bit of substance. Would be strong competition for Solly (a few on here seem to be forgetting he was possibly heading for POTS until he got injured) - anyway, definitely room for both in the squad. If this comes off it's one of those signings that will have other clubs asking how we managed to do it.

Exciting few weeks ahead. :)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
2 players for every position.

BDB is who you should feel sorry for, Solly and Claudia's husband will get plenty of game time in rotation.
As will Lamptey and Veltman.

In an ideal, injury free, season BDB will have his hours cut right back.

Still we'll always have Man City.

I wouldn't be quite so sure, GP absolutely loves BDB. :love:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wouldn't be quite so sure, GP absolutely loves BDB. :love:

He also loves his job or at the very least wants to use this job as a springboard to a better one.

With Solly and Claudia's husband in the squad, he'd be playing fast and loose with his prospects just because BDB is clearly a thoroughly decent chap, who he can't drop because he's so nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here