Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

scooter1

How soon is now?
I certainly don't want us to lose Cucurella, but if he goes should we not be looking at Zinchenko as a player plus cash option? Zinchenko is not happy at a lack of game time at City and apparently wants to play centre mid, but has predominantly operated as a left back/left mid for 'the sky blues'. Right age, plenty of premier league experience

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I certainly don't want us to lose Cucurella, but if he goes should we not be looking at Zinchenko as a player plus cash option? Zinchenko is not happy at a lack of game time at City and apparently wants to play centre mid, but has predominantly operated as a left back/left mid for 'the sky blues'. Right age, plenty of premier league experience, Manchester City wages.

Completed for you!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Without any ITK, I bet he's on less than our highest earners.

Which begs the question, when will we pay our first £100k+ a week wage? If the figures bandied around for Lallana and Dunk wages are correct, we can't be that far away

Lallana I'm sure brings lots to the table at the club but a rumoured wage of 90k a week for someone who plays as little as he has since he arrived, with a frankly shite goal scoring record seems, to me, a gamble that went wrong. I hope we get a much better return from our first 100k player.

Let's make it Cucu :wink:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Which begs the question, when will we pay our first £100k+ a week wage? If the figures bandied around for Lallana and Dunk wages are correct, we can't be that far away

It's worth adding that those players that want a move in order to play will probably have to make some compromise on their wages. Although Zinchenko isn't the profile of player that we tend to go for, I wouldn't mind him as a replacement for Cucurella.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Lallana I'm sure brings lots to the table at the club but a rumoured wage of 90k a week for someone who plays as little as he has since he arrived, with a frankly shite goal scoring record seems, to me, a gamble that went wrong. I hope we get a much better return from our first 100k player.

But still been available for more matches since he joined than our club record signing Adam Webster who missed more games through injury !

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I certainly don't want us to lose Cucurella, but if he goes should we not be looking at Zinchenko as a player plus cash option? Zinchenko is not happy at a lack of game time at City and apparently wants to play centre mid, but has predominantly operated as a left back/left mid for 'the sky blues'. Right age, plenty of premier league experience
He wants to play in midfield

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
But still been available for more matches since he joined than our club record signing Adam Webster who missed more games through injury !

True but Webster is much younger and more important to the team than Lallana (imo) and assumably on much lower wages. He also has a resale value :shrug:

Or are you suggesting that Webster is also a gamble gone awry, if so I don’t agree with you :smile:

Webster also scored three goal last season, Lallana 0

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
…and played more minutes than Lamptey and Welbeck. Around mid-season he was in our top 3/4 for minutes played.

Fair enough, I just don’t think he contributes enough on the pitch to be worth 90k a week, all about opinions though

Hopefully Lallana will give you and Springal a reason to bounce my posts next season, I really hope so as he is a quality player on his day :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

There is absolutely no chance that any of the rumours of his wages are based on any actual knowledge.
We wouldn't break our wage structure for either him or Welbeck.

His 3 year deal was based on a signing on fee and a weekly wage.
I have no doubt that 3 year package may have worked out to the equivalent of £90k per week, but a good chunk of that would have been signing on fee.
Same goes for Welbeck.

Both Lallana and Welbeck have been great around the group and are highly regarded professionals.
Their presence has helped elevate the club.
Money well spent, in my view.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Whatever happens, he’s not going to Newcastle and that smug prick of a manager and set of blinkered fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Whatever happens, he’s not going to Newcastle and that smug prick of a manager and set of blinkered fans.

If they offered £80M or £90M and £150K a week he'd go!

Not that they will, not this season anyway, having just shelled out for Matt Targett.

Without any ITK either, I'd bet he isn't!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I would suggest, unlike them up the road, there isn't a huge disparity between highest (Dunk) and lowest, for arguements sake, Alzate.

That is until win/goal/clean sheet bonuses are added, at which point the big dogs make their money.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
True but Webster is much younger and more important to the team than Lallana (imo) and assumably on much lower wages. He also has a resale value :shrug:

Or are you suggesting that Webster is also a gamble gone awry, if so I don’t agree with you :smile:

Webster also scored three goal last season, Lallana 0

Do you mean three goals, or one goal? Pretty sure he only managed one in the PL (equaliser at home to Chelsea).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here