Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Journalist close to city.....again, just rumours and an expectation
Ah so City have decided at last to stop messing about low balling and will now meet the asking price ?

They could have done it the easy way in the first place ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Expectation with no knowledge is just guessing though.
No. Expectation is based on perceived likelihood, not guessing at all. Which clubs our youngsters will be going on loan to this season, for example - that's guessing. The possibility that Cucu will go to Citeh - that is a real possibiity. So - expectation that it will probably happen - not guessing.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I think he’ll stay, we’ve got City over a barrel. Cucarella will cost them $100M. We really don’t want or need to sell him. Maybe we’ll sell in a year or two but not now.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I think he’ll stay, we’ve got City over a barrel. Cucarella will cost them $100M. We really don’t want or need to sell him. Maybe we’ll sell in a year or two but not now.

Why are we asking for USD? Surely we'd just then lose out on the currency exchange charge?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think he’ll stay, we’ve got City over a barrel. Cucarella will cost them $100M.
Has there been any indication from Brighton of what fee we'd accept? Suggestions of a £30m offer from City are ludicrous. I might as well offer to buy Grealish off of city for 20 quid, and pay him a tenner him to weed my garden.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Has there been any indication from Brighton of what fee we'd accept? Suggestions of a £30m offer from City are ludicrous. I might as well offer to buy Grealish off of city for 20 quid, and pay him a tenner him to weed my garden.

I think TB is famous for not giving away anything related to the sort of fee he's demanding - not even to the club bidding. It's usually a case of upping the number until he says yes.

Based on the BW fee, and the fact that Cucu is a better player with a higher potential ceiling (IMO, at least), I'd say it would require a £60m+ fee to get this deal done. That's obviously well within reach for City, so it comes down to them really. We know that if it becomes a high-stakes poker game, TB rarely comes off worse.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Fab reporting this morning Cucurella remains next top target.

If they want him they will need to pay beyond his actual value based on the contract he’s signed, amazing how many don’t understand demand and supply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No. Expectation is based on perceived likelihood, not guessing at all. Which clubs our youngsters will be going on loan to this season, for example - that's guessing. The possibility that Cucu will go to Citeh - that is a real possibiity. So - expectation that it will probably happen - not guessing.
Perceived likelihood is just a guess though unless the perceiver has relevant background knowledge and facts ???

Barber could "expect the transfer next week", or Potter etc. - they would have relevant background information.

Some "ITK" hack in Manchester ? Not so much. That expectation is a just a guess.

The transfer might happen. "Expectation of next week" is just froth without substance.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

If Grealish was weeding my front garden...

...I'd look out the back.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
The PL really is pretty shit, isn't it?

Teams owned by fcking corrupt states hoovering up 2/3 teams worth of top talent at whatever prices cos money ain't an issue - what's the point? Only going to get worse with Newcastle now in the mix of clubs who've totally sold their soul.

Yet we still finished in the top 10!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here