[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If he can do this

25360430-8059519-Argentine_Schelotto_did_not_stop_his_taunts_towards_Zaha_after_t-a-49_158298883.jpg

I'm in :thumbsup:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Despite playing left back, his positioning looks very similar to a Potter wing back. As I speak, he is level with 3 others across the field as the furthest forward. Almost always left midfield position or higher when Spain have the ball at the back. Looks comfortable on the ball and loves a surge forward. Nothing spectacular in the 10 minutes or so I have been watching but you can see why we are interested.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Definitely got an engine on him. He was one of two back in the box when an attack broke down but was overlapping the man with the ball on a counter attack a few seconds later.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Currently on Sky Channel 985 Eurosport 5

Thanks for the heads-up. Will have a quick watch. Surprised Spain didn't take Sanchez to this, after Unai Simon played through the Euros. Still, Simon is only 4 months older than Sanchez, and I don't think either of them counts as an under 23, so they'd both be one of the three over-age players allowed.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Thanks for the heads-up. Will have a quick watch. Surprised Spain didn't take Sanchez to this, after Unai Simon played through the Euros. Still, Simon is only 4 months older than Sanchez, and I don't think either of them counts as an under 23, so they'd both be one of the three over-age players allowed.

When the games were delayed for a year FIFA decided to maintain the restriction of players born on or after 1 January 1997, rather than change it to 1998. It means no player that would have qualified had the tournament been played in 2020 as scheduled would miss out because they were too old due to the delay. Both Sanchez and Simon would have been considered U23s if picked for the Olympics.

Not sure if Sanchez was considered, even if he was there is every chance we would have stopped his call up as clubs are not bound to release players for the Olympics like they are other international competitions. I believe we refused to allow South Africa to take Percy Tau as an overage player.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
When the games were delayed for a year FIFA decided to maintain the restriction of players born on or after 1 January 1997, rather than change it to 1998. It means no player that would have qualified had the tournament been played in 2020 as scheduled would miss out because they were too old due to the delay. Both Sanchez and Simon would have been considered U23s if picked for the Olympics.

Not sure if Sanchez was considered, even if he was there is every chance we would have stopped his call up as clubs are not bound to release players for the Olympics like they are other international competitions. I believe we refused to allow South Africa to take Percy Tau as an overage player.

Thanks for that. All makes sense - info appreciated.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Having now had the chance to see this guy play, I really hope we sign him.

Quick, decent touch, bags of energy and that distinctive hair style, he would be an instant cult hero.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Having now had the chance to see this guy play, I really hope we sign him.

Quick, decent touch, bags of energy and that distinctive hair style, he would be an instant cult hero.

I am IN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Saw that, but also want to know if that quotes true / where it has come from…

Edit - looks like some live conference with Torres.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PartidodelaUna/status/1420000859015024648

Can’t remember how to imbed tweets sorry [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION] may help me ;)

But this sounds like barring any change of heart he wants to come to us and they’re resigned to him leaving…

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Saw that, but also want to know if that quotes true / where it has come from…

Edit - looks like some live conference with Torres.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PartidodelaUna/status/1420000859015024648

Can’t remember how to imbed tweets sorry [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION] may help me ;)

But this sounds like barring any change of heart he wants to come to us and they’re resigned to him leaving…

“Ángel Torres on Cucurella @GetafeCF
"The truth is that we have had several offers, the strongest from an English team that insists (Brighton); they had offered him a good contract, he was willing. When he returns we will see. Better to keep the base and reinforce 2-3 positions"

That plus the friendly makes it sound like we’ve got him.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
With a little research it appears he’s on just over £1m a year currently so would probably almost double his salary if he came to Brighton for around £15m

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports