Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The balance is that - as other have said - there’s a number at which we compromise our ability to say ‘come here, prove yourself in the EPL and if a CL club comes for you and pays the right amount we won’t stand in your way’. I think that number’s probably about £50M. If we start rejecting £60m then that story doesn’t really stand up the next time we’re trying to sign a new foreign young whizz kid

I’m usually completely equitable about most things, but Cucurella isn’t some unknown U23 - he’d played over 100 games in Spain. It took us 2 years to find a Left back. Development? He’s the absolute Pep player because he’s a Potter player. We should not sell him imho. Not this season.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The balance is that - as other have said - there’s a number at which we compromise our ability to say ‘come here, prove yourself in the EPL and if a CL club comes for you and pays the right amount we won’t stand in your way’. I think that number’s probably about £50M. If we start rejecting £60m then that story doesn’t really stand up the next time we’re trying to sign a new foreign young whizz kid

All depends a bit... Don't think there is any exact number. If Brighton had found the striker equivalent of Cucurella, he definitely wouldn't be available for £50m. Likewise selling players to another PL club (despite City not exactly being a rival for league positions) might make the club demand more than if for example Barcelona made a move. Not least because TB is well aware that City have all the money they need to pay what he wants them to pay.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Still don't think he'll leave so that's wrapped up this one until January.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’m usually completely equitable about most things, but Cucurella isn’t some unknown U23 - he’d played over 100 games in Spain. It took us 2 years to find a Left back. Development? He’s the absolute Pep player because he’s a Potter player. We should not sell him imho. Not this season.
He’s played nearly every minute for the last two seasons that will be a big attraction for any manager.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Ultimately, we know that if Man City bid enough then personal terms and a desire to join them won't really be an issue for Cucu - even with blue and white tinted glasses on, it would be daft to think anything different. If you look at the other left-back targets that City are being linked with, Cucu is the best of the lot (certainly in terms of the number of recent PL games played and his consistency of performance). If City think the same, and therefore make him their number one priority, I suspect a deal will end up being done - and they'll pay a high price for him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

Delete

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The fact is if City,and now Newcastle want him and Bloom said fine 200 million and free 7up for the players for life they would be able to pay it without blinking,we've all heard the players saying their I love it here speeches but reality is it's not a even playing field when you have clubs that money is no object up against clubs that have trouble balancing the books. For what it's worth I reckon Bloom knows all too well if another team wants him then they will have to pay a ridiculous fee for him,and will still get a bargain,quality player.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
The fact is if City,and now Newcastle want him and Bloom said fine 200 million and free 7up for the players for life they would be able to pay it without blinking,we've all heard the players saying their I love it here speeches but reality is it's not a even playing field when you have clubs that money is no object up against clubs that have trouble balancing the books. For what it's worth I reckon Bloom knows all too well if another team wants him then they will have to pay a ridiculous fee for him,and will still get a bargain,quality player.

Toon only recently made Matt Targets loan into permanent deal

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
My sauces tell me that Albion have raised the possibility of James McAtee and Liam Delap being makeweights in the deal. Man City have stated that they are not for sale, but could come on loan as part of the deal.

Albion's response has been, "Oh OK, sorry. We didn't realise that - so they're a bit like Marc Cucurella in not being for sale?" The negotiations then stall before re-starting with the suggestion of James/Liam being part of the deal. This has been continuing for weeks now on a recurring loop and explains the multiple 'deal done' announcements on twitter followed by rumours of loan deals for city players, when Brighton don't do loans.

Actually its all bollocks, but there's a lot of that around these days so I thought I'd dip my toe in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here