Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
Just watch the reaction of the Man u team to Mejbri's first goal for the club that illustrates the contrast with Albion and what's wrong with MU. OK they were already down and out but there was No acknowledgement let alone celebration from his teammates. He was elated, they couldn't give a toss. Its all about the individuals and the self. Nothing about the team.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Obviously there is going to be a massive kicking for Man Utd, blaming everyone, the owners, the manager and the players and we all know why I think. Little old Brighton rocked up and kicked arse, metaphorically! They are the biggest spenders over the last ten years, finished 4th last season and play in the Champions League this week. “Not good enough!” I hear them cry. Please God, I hope we never end up that entitled.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I don’t think it’s really about “Little old Brighton” tbh, Man U seemed to be expecting a poor result before the game and won’t be surprised at losing to us, we aren’t under the radar anymore.

I think it’s just about their own poor performance at the end of last season and the start of this one. Ten Hag hasn’t been able to improve things and they look as bad as ever, regardless of who they play.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
As a follow up to this, in the morning we did mountain carting, basically go karting down a 5k hill track in the high Tatras in the middle of nowhere on Slovakia.
Is that on the ground - or on a wooden tube type thing built on stilts. We came across the latter when hiking in the Tatras 30 years ago, and always wondered what it was!

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Someone sent me this. :)

Attachments

• 380421577_10159865999502261_2735186942760572787_n.jpg
    380421577_10159865999502261_2735186942760572787_n.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 133

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Long journey home from the match was made somewhat bearable listening to the endless stream of whingeing mancs phoning into talksport……bless

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Long journey home from the match was made somewhat bearable listening to the endless stream of whingeing mancs phoning into talksport……bless
Heard a load of Utd supporters but few mancs. One made a 5 1/2 hour trip from Wycombe by car. His sense of direction mirrors that of his club.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
wrong thread

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Sorry if fixtures, but I'm sure we've all seen that stat that only three teams have recorded four consecutive Premier League wins against Man U - us, Liverpool, and Man City.

I don't know when each those sequences of wins happened (apart from ours of course), but it occurred to me that it's possible James Milner was playing for Man U's opponents at least once in each of those sequences. Any statto types on here able to confirm or clarify?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is that on the ground - or on a wooden tube type thing built on stilts. We came across the latter when hiking in the Tatras 30 years ago, and always wondered what it was!
They are these things in the photo below (this is not me!).

Hiked yesterday. 10 hours to do 11 miles although that included a very lengthy lunch stop. I never want to see a rock again.
71AF7314-37FB-4F89-9FA9-ECA24EDE4EC9.jpeg

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
If I was a United fan ( thank god I’m not) I’d be starting to question Ten Hag.
Largely bought in players that he’s worked with previously like Martinez, Antony, and Onana and so far, they’ve not delivered.
I find him quite a dour manager and individual, not inspiring at all.
Thing is, the fans just blame the Glaziers and want an oil state to bank roll the return of glory years.
I think Bayern will beat them and then we might start seeing a ramping up of the fans vitriol.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Largely bought in players that he’s worked with previously like Martinez, Antony, and Onana and so far, they’ve not delivered.
Thing is, the fans just blame the Glaziers and want an oil state to bank roll the return of glory years.
I think Bayern will beat them and then we might start seeing a ramping up of the fans vitriol.
Is everyone now seeing why I was so passionate about not getting kudus. Very very risky signing Dutch league players especially for big bucks. We got very lucky with velty.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Added to which, he appeared to support Greenwood being brought back in to the fold at ManU.
However, you have to say he did a pretty decent job last season - League Cup win, FA Cup final, Champions League qualification. (Although, arguing against that is the fact that Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool pretty much imploded for large parts of the season - so maybe not that good after all!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here