Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is everyone now seeing why I was so passionate about not getting kudus. Very very risky signing Dutch league players especially for big bucks. We got very lucky with velty.
Jan Paul van Hecke seems pretty good too.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes he is being a bellend about it, but I do have a little sympathy with him on this point.

From the best angle we have it looks to be out.
That angle is pretty close to being directly in line so is probably correct.
However it is feasible that if the angle is slightly pitchside to the ball, then that would give a wrong impression.
To my eyes it probably would still be out, but you can't be sure with a 2D freezeframe, unless the camera angle is directly over the centre of the ball.

The technology exists to take any element of doubt from this.
Why not just extend the goal-line tech to cover the full width of the touchline?
Directly over the centre of the ball is not the position you are looking for. Directly over the back edge of the line is the only perfect view.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry if fixtures, but I'm sure we've all seen that stat that only three teams have recorded four consecutive Premier League wins against Man U - us, Liverpool, and Man City.

I don't know when each those sequences of wins happened (apart from ours of course), but it occurred to me that it's possible James Milner was playing for Man U's opponents at least once in each of those sequences. Any statto types on here able to confirm or clarify?
I’ve no idea of the actual dates, but I’d guess that Liverpool’s run was long before Milner - in the period when Liverpool had Torres up front and he seemed to destroy Vidic every single game.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sorry if fixtures, but I'm sure we've all seen that stat that only three teams have recorded four consecutive Premier League wins against Man U - us, Liverpool, and Man City.

I don't know when each those sequences of wins happened (apart from ours of course), but it occurred to me that it's possible James Milner was playing for Man U's opponents at least once in each of those sequences. Any statto types on here able to confirm or clarify?
Liverpool did it between Dec 2000 and Jan 2002

City did it between Apr 2013 and Nov 2014

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is everyone now seeing why I was so passionate about not getting kudus. Very very risky signing Dutch league players especially for big bucks. We got very lucky with velty.
Well it may have passed you by, but we're quite good at turning rough diamonds into word beaters. Equally, don't be surprised if they're not all that when they leave (especially if they go to Chelsea).

What the Albion do very well is not overpay and just move onto other targets. If West Ham or whoever want to pay more for a player we want, and we walk away then that's fine with me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So nice to watch the highlights with a ManUre focused commentary...as their hope slowly fades after each goal 😎
Is that the one, where the commentators claim that United's early chance (Hojlund falls over in the box trying to reach a cross) would have been GOAL OF THE SEASON!?

Bizarre.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Well it may have passed you by, but we're quite good at turning rough diamonds into word beaters. Equally, don't be surprised if they're not all that when they leave (especially if they go to Chelsea).

What the Albion do very well is not overpay and just move onto other targets. If West Ham or whoever want to pay more for a player we want, and we walk away then that's fine with me.
In a roundabout way we are saying similar things. Happy to pay under 10m for an Ajax player. Nothing more.

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023

Seagulls still flying in the market

Pound for pound, Brighton are one of the greatest teams in English football history. In the past 18 months, while enjoying unprecedented success, Brighton have made a profit of over £150m, and the starting XI that undressed Manchester United in their own fortress cost barely £20m. That’s less than Chelsea reportedly paid for Graham Potter, never mind any of Brighton’s players. It’s like watching a flyweight flatten a heavyweight – again and again and again. Brighton’s victory at Old Trafford was their 12th against a “big six” side in the last 18 months alone. They are defying logic, gravity and the culture of a league that burns money for a laugh. There have been shoestring success stories in the Premier League before, but never with a team that also plays football from the future. It can’t last for ever, so we should all appreciate – OK, Crystal Palace fans are exempt from this – a uniquely charming story. It will make a cracking book one day, especially if they finally reveal their transfer algorithm. Rob Smyth

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
He’s slower than he looks you mean ?
Yeah. It was like turning a barge in the centre of midfield, but was so technically perfect that the Manure just watched him in awe forgetting to close him down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here