[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Can anyone answer this, did we (some of us discussing) put a clause in RDZ contract that he can’t leave mid season but is free to move during the summer?

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Couldn’t even listen to the commentary today due to family commitments. Bloody delighted with the result though. Might just watch MOTD tonight with a cheeky glass of something.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Brighton boss Roberto De Zerbi to Sky Sports: "We played a great, great game. We deserved to win, we played well. In the first 15, 20 minutes we suffered a lot because Man United played in a different way than we prepared for but after that we played a great game.

"I think the game was changed when we kept the ball. In that moment their pressure was strong and to keep the ball helped us to control the game and then we have four attackers who are very fast and very good.

"We have to keep our style when we are losing, when we are wining. We can't forget our DNA because the game can change and it's bad when the result can change our style. We are working to not lose our characteristic, our quality and to score more goals. We scored three but had many chances to score again."

On his experience with Brighton: "I must admit I feel I know I'm very lucky to be this coach for this team. it's like I dream because I am enjoying it a lot, enjoying to watch my team playing, showing their quality. It's an honour, I'm proud." :love:

On the Europa League starting: "Thursday will be a historic day for us, the fans, the club, the owner. We want to play well and keep in our head the memory from that day."
I'm sorry - but I'm afraid I lost my believe in Christianity many years ago. You see... I just couldn't believe that Jesus was the son of god?

And I was right!

As I we can now all see - he's is in fact a 21st century Italian.

GallodiMare

Apr 14, 2023
Can anyone answer this, did we (some of us discussing) put a clause in RDZ contract that he can’t leave mid season but is free to move during the summer?
OMG! RDZ has declared - and he is a man of his word - that he will stay for (at least) three years at Brighton. This is the second. So, there is nothing to worry about. He loves to be underestimated with players who have always been underestimated. The perfect pair, no? Let's enjoy the party, he will stay.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
OMG! RDZ has declared - and he is a man of his word - that he will stay for (at least) three years at Brighton. This is the second. So, there is nothing to worry about. He loves to be underestimated with players who have always been underestimated. The perfect pair, no? Let's enjoy the party, he will stay.

So he's only leaving after we win the UCL in 2025?

I'm :cool:(y) with that.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Brilliant result. Looks like we’re picking up where we left off from last season. Exciting times. Looking forward to Thursday night and hopefully many more good days at the Amex.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Lineker: "Another spectacular performance from Brighton."

Murphy: "This is an intelligent team, Gary. It doesn't matter who they play....they play with a load of freedom, they've got great technique, they trust each other. It was a really composed performance."

Plenty of analysis.

Then to top it all off...

MOTD screen headline: "Brighton are just brilliant."

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Mills: "This is an intelligent team, Gary. It doesn't matter who they play....they play with a load of freedom, they've got great technique, they trust each other. It was a really composed performance."

Plenty of analysis.

Murphy?

That was too insightful for Danny Mills.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

Mills: "This is an intelligent team, Gary. It doesn't matter who they play....they play with a load of freedom, they've got great technique, they trust each other. It was a really composed performance."

Plenty of analysis.

Murphy...

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011

Murphy: "This is an intelligent team, Gary. It doesn't matter who they play....they play with a load of freedom, they've got great technique, they trust each other. It was a really composed performance."

Plenty of analysis.

For the first time in ages we beat a top team and the analysis wasn’t all about how bad our opposition played. The narrative is changing to “we shouldn’t be surprised”.

It’s strange to be in a position where constantly being underrated is such an advantage for us. When we get taken seriously and respected too much, we struggle (Everton, West Ham). It’ll be interesting to see how RDZ solves those puzzles - because he will solve them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's under contract, so he can't leave at any time without us agreeing. But it doesn't really work like that with managers, as if they're not happy you kinda have to let them go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports