[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Why is kicking the ball forward for our two fast strikers to run on to called 'lumping it'? Might be better to call it an excellent 40 yard pass.

I'm not talking about those - I am talking about Ryan having to hoof it under pressure when we are closed down from passing though them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
WOW! No parking the bus for us. The dream front 3. Could be very, very good or a humping.

Don’t think it’ll be front 3 as such. 4 defenders suggests 442 again.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
'Hoof it' out wide, then. Our best options at the moment do not include a big lump up front. No problem.

That worked when Burn was left in a 5 but he isn't far enough forward when he is at left back. All formations/tactics will have their weaknesses and the positives of today's front 3 far outweigh the negatives. But we do need an outlet when teams get really good at the closing down trick.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Don’t think it’ll be front 3 as such. 4 defenders suggests 442 again.

Very probably but they are all forward players and the changing formation will probably often have them as a three. I did notice in the early friendlies that although we lined up with 4-4-2, we hunted up front in threes. I think all we can predict with a Potter side is that we can't predict it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Very probably but they are all forward players and the changing formation will probably often have them as a three. I did notice in the early friendlies that although we lined up with 4-4-2, we hunted up front in threes. I think all we can predict with a Potter side is that we can't predict it.

I’m still unsure what I prefer - the 3 at the back with wing backs or the current formation. Both have worked well tbh.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Potterball could come of age today or we could get that thumping we all know will come with it now and again.

We are very overdue a win away against a Big Club.

Hope I can get a stream that doesn’t have me listening in Russian or Arabic though :smile:

www(dot)hesgoal.com/news/55717/Manchester_United_vs_Brighton_and_Hove.html
www(dot)soccerstreams100.com/manchester-united-vs-brighton-match-preview/

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"should be beating teams like Brighton, and that's not being disrespectful to Brighton"

Possibly Clinton Morrison on 5 Live.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports