Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm excited for this one. A very rare realistic chance of beating Man utd and moving into fifth in the top flight.

Which probably means we'll get a good hiding. :down:

Precisely.

We've been here far too many times before, during this current Premier League incarnation.

Arriving at a 'top 6' ground, in good form.
Potentially even the better form of both sides.

Only to be rather humbled through tactics or ruthlessness.

I fear that's coming today, which personally probably isn't a bad thing.
After our 3rd consecutive home win if I thought we'd school Utd today I'd be a hyperventilating mess by now and would probably end up missing the game. :lol:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I will stay up for the first half, but have to be up at 6 am, so will miss the second.
So, 3 goals up in the first half please so that I can wake up to a 2 - 3 scoreline in the morning. :albion2:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Would like to see the Albion 0-2 up with renditions of “Teeeeeeaaaaams liiiiiiike briiiigggghhhhttttton” to the tune of play up Pompey, as the camera zooms into a troubled looking Ed Woodward in the stands
If we're winning away at Man U, the last thing I want to see is the equaliser.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I will stay up for the first half, but have to be up at 6 am, so will miss the second.
So, 3 goals up in the first half please so that I can wake up to a 2 - 3 scoreline in the morning. :albion2:
If we're 3 up, I don't see how you'd be able to fall asleep. Go to bed early and get up as the second half is about to start. If we're getting stuffed, just go back to sleep. If not, you can watch the important half.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
If we're 3 up, I don't see how you'd be able to fall asleep. Go to bed early and get up as the second half is about to start. If we're getting stuffed, just go back to sleep. If not, you can watch the important half.

Will have to be up for a long time before work starts !
The 3 goals up comment was tongue in cheek, I think we we will lose 2 - 1, after a spirited performance.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Moss the dross referee doesn't fill me with joy, definitely a big team homer so we'll have to win by 2 clear goals.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Lovely crisp, bright, dry day up here, and for those driving up, the roads seem pretty quiet.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Going to bed now, but will watch the first half in the morning.

The shit bit will be checking the final result after the drive to work.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Grrrr Mrs PS is dragging me out to lunch with friends who don't like football .... heathens .... will have to keep updated via mobile

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Moss the dross referee doesn't fill me with joy, definitely a big team homer so we'll have to win by 2 clear goals.

Agreed. He always finds himself struggling to keep up with the action. He'll be huffing and puffing after 5 mins trying to chase Trossard around... assuming he starts.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
While I think Brighton is overall the better team in a long row of aspects, I fear Daniel James might have a very fun day against a defense that could be described as "not that ****ing quick". The fact that he got a year of Potterball in him, he probably have a lot of tactical inside information that could turn quite costly. I think United more than any team will be trying some extremely aggressive high pressure the first 20 minutes or so. If we can survive that part without conceding, I think a win is likely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here