Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
While I think Brighton is overall the better team in a long row of aspects, I fear Daniel James might have a very fun day against a defense that could be described as "not that ****ing quick". The fact that he got a year of Potterball in him, he probably have a lot of tactical inside information that could turn quite costly. I think United more than any team will be trying some extremely aggressive high pressure the first 20 minutes or so. If we can survive that part without conceding, I think a win is likely.

Do United do the high pressing thing now under Solskjaer?

That was one reason we've done better against United than any other big 6 side since we got promoted, they let us have the ball

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

That was one reason we've done better against United than any other big 6 side since we got promoted, they let us have the ball

Teams need to do it properly against us this season - like Burnley. Just close down with your strikers and we will pick you apart through the middle. Close down our midfielders at the same time and we struggle.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Perhaps less so now with the pace of Connolly up front?

Problem is you are lumping it up to two midgets if you can't play though them. It is the one time we miss a big man up front. Although we normally still try and play our way out and try and drive me onto a 4th blood pressure tablet. :down:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm moist.

[tweet]1193513671047229441 [/tweet]

Verses

[tweet]1193513680744386565[/tweet]

Last edited:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
WOW! No parking the bus for us. The dream front 3. Could be very, very good or a humping.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Surprised Mooy hasn’t been brought in.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

The runs and movement of Maupay & Connolly will cause them no end of trouble!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Problem is you are lumping it up to two midgets if you can't play though them. It is the one time we miss a big man up front. Although we normally still try and play our way out and try and drive me onto a 4th blood pressure tablet. :down:
Why is kicking the ball forward for our two fast strikers to run on to called 'lumping it'? Might be better to call it an excellent 40 yard pass.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I'm really hoping we get to see some close-ups of bewildered looking United fans wondering what the hell is going on as their reality check continues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here