Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Really hope Solly is a couple of months and not the season. That would be gutting. Igor in at left back until Pervis and Lamptey back. Well played second half. Could have got a draw V a fired up City. Dunk brilliant.

RDZ needs to work on us keeping the ball out of the bloody net as teams are knackered V us second half but we're often chasing the game then. Also has to stop picking 2 forwards in these hard away games. Play Billy, Gross and Baleba.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Making a habit of starting badly and it becomes difficult when we eventually wake up.

Great effort last 25 mins, City hanging on at the end but we set ourselves an uphill challenge by being subservient for the first hour or so.

On to Thursday. Important game. RDZ at left back?!
So true, bloody hopeless first half, City were good, but we really didn't try to disrupt them. So much better for most of second half.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
That was all I asked for this morning, and I hope the whingers at 45 minutes (I was going to say bedwetters but now know better :wink:) are feeling suitably embarrassed. A good performance against the Champions of the Premier League and European Champions League.

But I would rather they put 4,5 or 6 past us with no reply than what happened to Solly :down:
Come on, that first half was very poor, its not bedwetting to have pointed that out, if anything it's becoming a bit of a recurring theme.

That said in the end I think we did OK.

And obviously I (and I'm confident everyone else) would have preferred to lose 6-0 and March and Welbeck be fine; goes without saying.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It’s not helping at all that too many of ours are putting in 5/10 performances so far. When we do have the ball we’ve looked sloppy with too many passes going astray when not under that much pressure.

I’m not.
Agree. Arse win

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I didn't see the 1st half, but was impressed with the 2nd half performance. Sadly concerned for Solly and Danny. March injury seemed to be very serious, Welbeck, I didn't see.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Really hope Solly is a couple of months and not the season. That would be gutting. Igor in at left back until Pervis and Lamptey back. Well played second half. Could have got a draw V a fired up City. Dunk brilliant.

RDZ needs to work on us keeping the ball out of the bloody net as teams are knackered V us second half but we're often chasing the game then. Also has to stop picking 2 forwards in these hard away games. Play Billy, Gross and Baleba.

Crikey, a player with the turning circle of a supertanker as our LB.

We’re going to concede bucket loads via our left if that pans out.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
After 20 minutes I would have taken 2-1.

Do think as a club we are ‘too nice’ we needed Undav and now with Welbeck injured that’s even more true.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So true, bloody hopeless first half, City were good, but we really didn't try to disrupt them. So much better for most of second half.

I think we did everything we could to try and disrupt them and you are seriously underestimating what the best part of £900M can buy you in terms of a squad and how hard they can be to play against when they are on form. What the second half showed is what Honest Players, Bravery, Big Balls and tactical nous can do to balance that out :bhasign:

seagull77

Aug 11, 2009
We are losing our intensity and hunger to really chase balls down or even trying to get the ball back when we have lost it - almost feels like complacency. Even when we were in extra time, let's not try a fancy corner - just get it in the box and not waste time passing gently at the back when we only have one or two minutes left

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I think we did everything we could to try and disrupt them and you are seriously underestimating what the best part of £900M can buy you in terms of a squad and how hard they can be to play against when they are on form. What the second half showed is what Bravery, Big Balls and tactical nous can do for you :bhasign:
Yeah, but you have to admit that we are (currently) not really turning-up for the first 45 mins. Why is that?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
gave them a game second half and had them time wasting at the end. Such a shame about the first half

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
We are losing our intensity and hunger to really chase balls down or even trying to get the ball back when we have lost it - almost feels like complacency. Even when we were in extra time, let's not try a fancy corner - just get it in the box and not waste time passing gently at the back when we only have one or two minutes left
That's where we are very frustrating - its all fair and good playing calmly and working the ball about with 20 minutes to go but not in injury time and chasing a goal. We need to be more direct - the last moments free kick floated straight down the goalies throat was typical Albion.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
People laughed at me when I said this before. But this is what happened to Leeds under bielsa. Completely battered. Players can't keep up the intensity and serious injuries start happening.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
We don’t have enough to compete in midfield. I don’t think any combination of the midfielders we have are enough when we are playing with two forward players.

People talk a lot about Mac and Caicedo last season, but they played alongside Gross in a 3 as well, and those was our best performances. I remember the cup game against Liverpool where Gross and Mac played as a two, but they got ran past as well and we recovered when he changed it to 3.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here