[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I am not sure I agree. Steel replaced him for a large amount of games last year, and RDZ was very vocal in saying how much he preferred him. Even when Steele has bad games I.e Everton at home, Sanchez doesn’t get a chance and when Sanchez did get a chance and played well v Man U, it didn’t get him a run in the team.

If you are a player, you need to see you have a chance at earning first team football, when you get shown that performance etc doesn’t matter and the manager doesn’t want to play you, you are always going to leave.
Don’t go throwing logic around here. We all hate Sanchez because he was a bad boy and wanted to play football. BOOOOOOO!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Feel sorry for us here. We won’t play anti football shite like most at the Etihad and our hope is to catch them on an off day, but they’ve been bang on it and relentless. Free hit today as always there.

That said, our defending down our right has been shambolic. Backing off and just letting them cut in and shoot at will. Lack of pace with Milner and Gross showing. Don’t like the Pedro up front and Fergy / Welbs in the hole either. Get Veltman on and Gilmour for Pedro - make it more solid.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Steele has turned into Sam Johnstone. Play it around at the back and thenhoof it to the big man up top, rinse and repeat.
He has no options because they’re pressing us into oblivion. Haaland, Doku and Alvarez stand on their markers, the full backs push right up onto the wingers, using the centre backs as cover. It’s exemplary play from City, because our style at this stage is predictable and they’ve got the players to stop us doing it.

Steele has no option when last man, everybody marked perfectly, other than to kick long.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Collectively shit, making a good team look brilliant. Unforced errors, coupled with a few looking star struck. I don't single players out, but pedro has been awful and adingra playing like he's never seen a ball before. Baleba made a mistake and seems to still have it on his mind.
Dunk seems to be doing ok!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I am not sure I agree. Steel replaced him for a large amount of games last year, and RDZ was very vocal in saying how much he preferred him. Even when Steele has bad games I.e Everton at home, Sanchez doesn’t get a chance and when Sanchez did get a chance and played well v Man U, it didn’t get him a run in the team.

If you are a player, you need to see you have a chance at earning first team football, when you get shown that performance etc doesn’t matter and the manager doesn’t want to play you, you are always going to leave.
Totally agree. Moreover, Sanchez wasnt some experienced, established keeper, he is still young and learning and needed an arm round his shoulder, not the cold shoulder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports