Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
No point in Albion folks beating each other up over this one. It was pretty much always going to be a non-contest. Embrace the failed Free Hit and move on to Thursday :shrug:
Yes and no. Always very likely we would lose (80/90% chance). But we haven’t even made this a competition so far.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
This is not good watching. This is why I don’t fancy City away, with unlimited funds (they don’t do ffp) it’s not a level playing field. Saying that, we’re not playing well.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No point in Albion folks beating each other up over this one. It was pretty much always going to be a non-contest. Embrace the failed Free Hit and move on to Thursday :shrug:
Yeah, this. We have to win on Thursday. No one should be expecting us to get anything at City.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'd like to see WBG for Pedro, pushing Gross further forward, Veltman for adingra switching Milner to left back and March to right wing.
Or.....put a rocket up some of their arses and make a game of it

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We actually started pretty well. It’s just that it only lasted about 5 minutes. Can’t put my finger on what’s wrong. Maybe City are quite good…

Nope, it's definitely all down to us and certainly has nothing to do with the way one of (if not the) best team in Europe are absolutely spot on form :shrug:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Pragmatic thinking might suggest that it’s not worth changing much at HT or early 2nd half. This game has gone.

City are playing really well and only 2 goals up because their finishing has been mediocre.

in relation to people commenting about so many changes again (which ive said every math so far)! i do think that this game is not a must-win but the home game vs Ajax is a must win..

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Pray that we get some dignity back second half or that chap with a squared hair and a girls giggle on match of the day will be creaming himself tonight.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Yes I can understand this attitude . However, as we have seen earlier in the season, we don't seem to be able to move on and produce a good result. Too much chopping and changing - I feel we need to prioritise either the League or the Cups and not get caught in the middle and do poorly in both. It doesn't help that Steele seems to have regained his Sunderland form (please play Verbruggen every game - goalies don't need a rest).

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Nope, it's definitely all down to us and certainly has nothing to do with the way one of (if not the) best team in Europe are absolutely spot on form :shrug:

If it were just this match then I’d agree with you that it’s just what happens playing City. This is how it’s been for a few games this season, we are either brilliant or brutal.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Outplayed
Outclassed
Outfought

No plan B
Yes we have been but MC are CL winners and are a class apart. There is still the 2nd half to give them a game though.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
De zerbi is such an overrated manager at the moment.
IMG_2477.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here