Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Jimmy Grimble

Not disagreeing.

Estupinan imho was the architect of his fall in form, a lack of game awareness. Last season his defending was exemplary, his wonderful support play to attacks a bonus. This season, shirley not under instructions?, often camped out 70 yards upfield next to Mitoma in static play. The opposition nick the ball and counter into acres of space, Dunk has zero support.
Unfortunately I still think the main reason is Caicedo isn’t there. Either RDZ adapts or we will be more vulnerable.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Unfortunately I still think the main reason is Caicedo isn’t there. Either RDZ adapts or we will be more vulnerable.

Away at Plucky’s Lego Arena last season exemplified that. If ever Estupinan or Caicedo were beaten, like bats out of hell, the other would appear with searing pace to rob the Bmuff player.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How can he save either? The first one he’s kicked the ball off his other foot and it’s gone completely in another direction, the second one he can’t see and he’s smashed it into the bottom corner. Crazy
First one is a pure fluke which wrong-footed Steele.

One of those annoying ones where your weight is going the wrong way, the ball is frustratingly close, but there's precious little you can do about it.

BHA Fan93

Nov 1, 2020
First one is a pure fluke which wrong-footed Steele.

One of those frustrating ones where your weight is going the wrong way, the ball is frustratingly close, but there's precious little you can do about it.
Yea I agree, awful situation he was trying to sweep it into the bottom right corner with his left foot and it’s hit is standing foot and gone the other way no time to react at all for Steele.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Any thoughts as to why Fergie has gone off the boil, recently? He was on fire not so long ago.
I did wonder whether it was down to England trying to poach him but that has now moved on.

It looks to me that he is not fit as though he has no energy wonder if he had COVID recently. That said he is playing far too deep for my liking of the three forwards (Wellbeck, Pedro and him) he is the natural goal scorer.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
I did wonder whether it was down to England trying to poach him but that has now moved on.

It looks to me that he is not fit as though he has no energy wonder if he had COVID recently. That said he is playing far too deep for my liking of the three forwards (Wellbeck, Pedro and him) he is the natural goal scorer.
Wtf maybe having covid really ??

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
well i'm thinking we came away with a good performance, -1 GD away at Man City. it's not that bad.

and hopefully we'll never see Milner at RB again, needs to play defensive midfield to benefit his copious experience.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
First half was very poor second half we were the better team,could and should of got a point if Karu had simply lobbed the keeper but I was really happy with our second half response,fingers crossed Solly's injury isn't a lengthy one.
Felt half time couldn’t have come soon enough we were all at sea.

We really looked decent in the last 25 minutes after Gilmore came on.

Didn’t really deserve a point but we also got one

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Hes been absolutely rubbish since pre season. One incredible performance this season. The rest rubbish. Lot of pressure for the kid.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
The score is almost respectable, away at City... but from what I could make of it on the radio, that masked a below par performance.
Our players seem a bit jaded , several have been in places around the world in the break, but that must be the same for other teams.
Perhaps we we are not really as good as we thought we were?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here