Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
City have a £50 million proper winger and we put milner up against him.....

We could have got a draw but equally they could/should have had 4 or 5 in first half.

Happy to the playing around at the back but we need to understand when to get it forward quickly.

My biggest concern is that Wellbeck and Jao Pedro are not natural goal scorers and Ferguson doesn't look even half the player he was so RDZs attacking philosophy has a major flaw in it as we don't look like scoring more than we concede at present.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
First half was very poor second half we were the better team,could and should of got a point if Karu had simply lobbed the keeper but I was really happy with our second half response,fingers crossed Solly's injury isn't a lengthy one.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
If we could only play the first half as we play the second, we'd be in clover.
We are very much a second half team this season so far!
My biggest concern is that Wellbeck and Jao Pedro are not natural goal scorers and Ferguson doesn't look even half the player he was so RDZs attacking philosophy has a major flaw in it as we don't look like scoring more than we concede at present.
Definitely keep in mind that we're coming to the end of a bloody tough run of fixtures - ajax included on Thursday (we know now after Athens and Marseille (esp. Athens) how hard it is against these seasoned European teams no matter the league or league form!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We are very much a second half team this season so far!

Definitely keep in mind that we're coming to the end of a bloody tough run of fixtures - ajax included on Thursday (we know now after Athens and Marseille (esp. Athens) how hard it is against these seasoned European teams no matter the league or league form!
Ajax are 16th in the postmans league. Anything other than a win is unacceptable.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
...and then the ref gave a free kick for a foul on Haaland!
It was a foul. It's just that Haaland didn't know it had happened. He thought he had just felt a slight breeze on his shirt.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Did we play three in CM in either half?
Did we play two as out and out strikers in either half?
Personally I think our current defensive issues stem from not having 3 in midfield.
Last season we had Mac, Moises and Gross playing in the middle (even when Gross nominally played full back, he usually ended up in the middle). This is where we had our best success, with Solly and Mitoma wide and just one up top.
This season, he seems to want to play 2 up top ( maybe because we have more attacking options this season)
Today he should have played Gilmour, Gross and Beleba and started with Welbeck or Pedro.
Then switch to 2 up top if needed in the second half.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Tourist support. So brazen they don't even bother removing the tags

Attachments

• 20231021_194020.jpg
    20231021_194020.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 103

Jimmy Grimble

Even Luton, Moyes, Dyche, Plucky did … RDZ have left a glaring weakness at FB’s … go destroy.
I think you might be oversimplifying it a little as just a full back problem. Milner is undoubtedly not good enough there, but De Zerbi often has the team set up with his full backs exposed, especially in transitions. Up until his injury, Pervis had been having problems this season too.

It’s partly the personnel at full back but also partly RDZ’s system which he won’t compromise on. It’ll keep happening this season regardless of who is given the job there.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The real Brighton started to show later in second half

Up to then - city different class

That Whiney ducker on the wing caused mayhem first half

Wipe mouths move on

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The ref had a decent game I thought. Not hesitant in booking sockboy for dissent, booked Foden (I think) for kicking the ball away, and sent off their chap for two fairly soft yellows. Not overawed by them being Man City and at home. Good for him.
IMO Rob Jones is far and away the best EPL ref. I'm guessing he doesn't come from the North West

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think you might be oversimplifying it a little as just a full back problem. Milner is undoubtedly not good enough there, but De Zerbi often has the team set up with his full backs exposed, especially in transitions. Up until his injury, Pervis had been having problems this season too.

It’s partly the personnel at full back but also partly RDZ’s system which he won’t compromise on. It’ll keep happening this season regardless of who is given the job there.

Not disagreeing.

Estupinan imho was the architect of his fall in form, a lack of game awareness. Last season his defending was exemplary, his wonderful support play to attacks a bonus. This season, shirley not under instructions?, often camped out 70 yards upfield next to Mitoma in static play. The opposition nick the ball and counter into acres of space, Dunk has zero support.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
What a lot of negative comments!

You're all wrong!

Agreed. If we could find a couple of full backs with Veltman's brain & Pervis's energy, we might win the league

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here